JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Accepting the Right hand of Jehovah.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1829 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Based on (Isaiah 41:13) we may think of Jehovah offering us his Right hand and taking our Right hand in assisting us. As if we are lying on our back  or on our knees or otherwise vulnerable and not able to help ourselves. Furthering the illustration , if we are literally on our back, on the ground and Jehovah’s offers His hand to pull us to our feet  what sorts of things might prevent us taking hold of His hand? 

36 minutes ago, Your Brother said:

Let's see lack of trust/faith to start.

Guilt or feeling of unworthiness

Yes , a person may not choose to reach out for Jehovah’s hand out of feelings of worthlessness. Such we encourage that Jehovah is bigger than our own hearts. We would picture this person as literally not even trying to raise their hand.

Edited by BenJepthah

Spiritual or physical fatigue. In that mental picture I can see jehovah leaning over putting a finger in our hand and just hoping we grab hold. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 2/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, BenJepthah said:

Based on (Isaiah 41:13) we may think of Jehovah offering us his Right hand and taking our Right hand in assisting us. As if we are lying on our back  or on our knees or otherwise vulnerable and not able to help ourselves. Furthering the illustration , if we are literally on our back, on the ground and Jehovah’s offers His hand to pull us to our feet  what sorts of things might prevent us taking hold of His hand? 

I've heard this illustrated that we can sometimes be like kids who reject their parent's help. A child get a small cut and when the parent tries to help the child pulls away. Sometimes kids just want to stew and wallow before accepting help. I think we can be like that with Jehovah sometimes. He tries to help by sending someone to our house or call us to encourage us but we don't answer the door/phone.

So, I guess to answer your question...childishness?

1 hour ago, Duplo said:

I've heard this illustrated that we can sometimes be like kids who reject their parent's help. A child get a small cut and when the parent tries to help the child pulls away. Sometimes kids just want to stew and wallow before accepting help. I think we can be like that with Jehovah sometimes. He tries to help by sending someone to our house or call us to encourage us but we don't answer the door/phone.

So, I guess to answer your question...childishness?

Or pride

• 2 months later...

When I visualize this scenario as a physical act: Jehovah extends His hand to someone clinging to the edge of a cliff , the person reaches with one hand to take Jehovah’s hand and in that persons hand is : A complete of cigarettes. A diploma . Car keys. House keys. The hand of one of their family members, a friend , or some other person. Maybe keys to an office. Or a flag. This is what I was thinking.