JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Highlight in the study pane (JW Library)

Friends, I remember reading in either Play Store or App Store under the JW Library app that one of the upcoming features (Coming soon) would be the ability to highlight in the study pane. (The pane on the right side of the screen that shows the references and the scriptures). Obviously this never materialized, but I was wondering if anyone else remembers reading this feature?

It is still in the pipeline, I’ve understood. There’s been a lot of work done with the study pane. It now has the ability to show formatted text, as well as media. But the highlights aren’t very easy to accomplish. I’m sure the brothers will solve it in a simple and clever way, though.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Can you provide an example of this?

A great example is the Study Bible, but you want another example of how it works, open up the new Pure Worship book, find chapter 8, paragraph 23. There’s a footnote there with a link to chapter 12. The formatted text of that chapter I’ll appear in the study pane. It has the ability, but it’s not used much yet.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, TonyWenz said:

Here is an example of how media plays from the nwtsty pane... 723388c6b3a09333c7b215fcd8cea2e7.jpg5e0b4506037de8680b77ad5ff787f2f1.jpg

Just Older emoji856.png

I expect in time it will be rolled out to other host publications. Understandably, they concentrate their efforts on the Study Bible at the moment.

Just Older emoji856.png

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

A great example is the Study Bible, but you want another example of how it works, open up the new Pure Worship book, find chapter 8, paragraph 23. There’s a footnote there with a link to chapter 12. The formatted text of that chapter I’ll appear in the study pane. It has the ability, but it’s not used much yet.

Thank you both for pointing this out. I can see this now. 

There is a 'work-around' for highlighting references, but it does not appear on the pane.
For example, a WT article referenced in Gems, will appear in the pane.
If you press the top, you actually go to the article, which can be marked as normal...
If you do not have the article on your device, it will ask if you want to download a copy.
As mentioned, the highlights do not show in the pane, but it is only 1 click away... 55a24235b680f8552f442b4ceea9166c.jpg

Just Older

3 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

There is a 'work-around' for highlighting references, but it does not appear on the pane.
For example, a WT article referenced in Gems, will appear in the pane.
If you press the top, you actually go to the article, which can be marked as normal...
If you do not have the article on your device, it will ask if you want to download a copy.
As mentioned, the highlights do not show in the pane, but it is only 1 click away... 55a24235b680f8552f442b4ceea9166c.jpg

Just Older emoji856.png

I was aware of this “hack” but thank you for sharing.