JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I have just had someone tell me that taking Nux Vom will poison you... I agree if you just start ingesting the nut it would be poisonous,  but when its made into a homeopathic remedy it's perfectly safe and is very handy to have at home..

I'm finding it very hard to make them understand... I've gone down the tiny amount... like cures like route etc..

At this stage I think I may as well talk to the wall!!

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:47 PM, anniebea said:

I have just had someone tell me that taking Nux Vom will poison you... I agree if you just start ingesting the nut it would be poisonous,  but when its made into a homeopathic remedy it's perfectly safe and is very handy to have at home..

I'm finding it very hard to make them understand... I've gone down the tiny amount... like cures like route etc..

At this stage I think I may as well talk to the wall!!

I use NUX VOM often it really helped me through a period of terrible nausea. I have it always in my medicine cupboard ..... I never travel without my little satchel of homeopathic remedies.

I go to an very good Homeopathic DR. Trained in Russia and Germany, he's a gem. I have MS and the medical profession gave me no hope, I have been doing Homeopathy since I was diagnosed I am mobile and run circles around some able bodied individuals. LOL not bragging just a real believer.    

Annie what I always say it's like the truth..........either people get it or they don't. I pick and choose who I talk to about it. Most look at you like your from another planet.

I rarely recommend my HP Doc but if people do ask, I tell them it's not a quick fix like traditional medicine. If your not willing to follow the instructions save your time and money, don't bother going. I didn't get to this age and not know a few things about health and life. :) 

Right now I am even treating my cat who has a bit of a sneeze every so often. I got a remedy from Schuessler ( Tissue salts) Sinus. Seems to be helping.  

I totally agree,  I normally don't talk about it with the medical profession..

Many years ago my youngest daughter had misdiagnosed pneumonia,  she was only 3... the doctor said that if she wasn't showing some improvement them she would be in hospital,  I gave her the antibiotic as prescribed but it really wasn't helping..

I contacted a homeopath who actually came to my house... she treated her with tuberculosis and I sucussed the remedy each time... she was better within 3 days!!   My doctor couldn't believe it and I had to admit to using the homeopath, he wasn't impressed... lesson learned to keep quiet!

My doctor now is more open minded and told me to take Turmeric for chronic pain and inflammation (I have lupus amongst other things) I've had great success and have actually stopped taking my anti inflammatory medication 😊

My doctor now is more open minded and told me to take Turmeric for chronic pain and inflammation (I have lupus amongst other things) I've had great success and have actually stopped taking my anti inflammatory medication 😊

I have a friend with terrible arthritis can you tell me what kind of Turmeric to take there is so much on the market. I am able to get fresh I use it a lot in my cooking.

Thistle Tea is also very good for inflammation.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 12:53 AM, Miss Mouse said:

I have a friend with terrible arthritis can you tell me what kind of Turmeric to take there is so much on the market. I am able to get fresh I use it a lot in my cooking.

Thistle Tea is also very good for inflammation.  

You sound like a carbon copy of myself! I have Lupus and also inflammatory osteoarthritis just for good measure Lol

I use a very high potent Turmeric with Curcumin and I buy it over the internet from the U.K.... the company is called Just Vitamins 

Update : To make a long story short if possible :laugh: I had a bad fall about two months ago in my closet if you can imagine ( took a nose dive off of a short foot ladder, I thought I was on the bottom rung and I was two up....stepped down and fell hard against the wall) . Unknown to me it triggered Bursitis in my hip. So off to the acupuncture &  physio  which helped some but I just wasn't getting better I still had pain. I could tell it was inflamed so  last week I was fed up and bought a high potency extra strength Curcumin ....honestly within two days if started to feel better I can walk longer and the pain has subsided almost 75%, that's in less than a week. Just in time for the memorial campaign. The one I bought is made here in Canada by a company called Purica. I actually phoned the company and talked to a rep and she told me about a young man who had broken his back and surgery was on the table. He started taking the Purica and no longer needed the surgery. There expensive but well worth it. Thanks for the tip Annie it has really saved my bacon. :) 

Don't over do it in your garden Annie :) that's my problem I have grandiose ideas to accomplish things and end up in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to give nux vomica to my girls for their tummy aches and it worked every time. I have a 5 year old granddaughter who  has tummy aches after eating sometimes. I've been giving her 2 Hylands Bioplasma tablets and whether it's a placebo or not, I'm not sure. But it seems to make her forget all about her tummy. 

I'm wondering, does anyone know whether I should buy 6X or 30 X for a child?

I've been meaning to Google that.....

3 hours ago, Cherie said:

I used to give nux vomica to my girls for their tummy aches and it worked every time. I have a 5 year old granddaughter who  has tummy aches after eating sometimes. I've been giving her 2 Hylands Bioplasma tablets and whether it's a placebo or not, I'm not sure. But it seems to make her forget all about her tummy. 

I'm wondering, does anyone know whether I should buy 6X or 30 X for a child?

I've been meaning to Google that.....

I would go with a 6 ... and see if it works,  you can always go upwards... especially if its the right remedy,  that way if she get a very sore tummy then you could give the 30 

It's the same way that the packet always says to take 2 hours apart for so many days,  my homeopath says that isn't always true and you should stop as soon as you see a result... repetitive dosing can result in giving them the same thing your trying to cure.   Like cures like.