JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Introducing JWTalk Clubs

Introducing JWTalk Clubs - a new feature for creating special interest groups!

JWTalk now offers a new feature called “Clubs”. Clubs are essentially sub-communities within the overall online Jehovah’s Witnesses community. With JWTalk Clubs, you can create a special interest group about anything you like and engage in discussions, share files, and upload photos and albums with others who share the same passion as you do. As the club owner, you are the moderator of your own Club, and can pin topics, approve or hide replies, and more. You can also appoint a Club Leader to assist you in managing your group, and of course, you can always depend on the JWTalk Staff to help you too.

Now there are several sites where you can host your special interest group or community today (e.g. Facebook groups), but JWTalk has some significant advantages over these other services. For example, your posts and replies to the community can be comprehensive, and not limited to just a small amount of characters or just a few sentences. Content on JWTalk is also easily categorized, tagged, and searchable. You and your club members can create polls with several options to choose from, as well as share files, and create your own image galleries. In addition, here you are not subjected to secular moderation or worldly thinking and influences because we only approve actual Jehovah’s Witnesses as members of JWTalk, so you’re in good company.

Club Types

There are three types of clubs available:

• Open club

Open clubs are publicly visible to the worldwide web, including unregistered guests and search engines, and any JWTalk member can see the club and join.

• Closed club

Closed clubs can be seen by anyone in the directory listing, but joining a closed club must be approved by the Club Leader or Club Moderator. Non-club-members who view the club will only see the member list - not the recent activity or content areas.

• Secret club

A secret club does not show up in the public directory at all, so other JWTalk users must be invited by the Club Leader or Club Moderator

After creating your club, you can add content areas such as a Forum for discussions, a Photo Gallery for sharing pictures and images, and a Download area for sharing files. In the future, we may add the ability for each club to also have the option of having it’s own blog or chat room.

Take a look at our Club Directory and see if there is a niche group that you would like to support and be a part of. If you have a special interest of your own, why not start a topic about it in one of our General Discussion Forum and see if others share your interest, and if so, you might consider starting your own club too. We hope JWTalk Clubs will help members of the community to get to know their brothers and sisters better and draw close to one another in Christian love and true friendship.

View full article

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

5 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

There is no size limit in the Photo Gallery.

There is a 50 MB limit for attachments per post.

Often, I try to upload let's say 9mb photo and it fails ...I reduce to around 3mb and goes fine ...software glitch?

Unless the software does not like to handle up side down photos coming from Down Under LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Often, I try to upload let's say 9mb photo and it fails ...I reduce to around 3mb and goes fine ...software glitch?

Hmmm. Maybe it's a server-side limitation. We did just switch servers.

Profile pics are limited to 250x250 and 500 kb in size. This size limited might be outdated though and I could adjust this.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

6 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Hmmm. Maybe it's a server-side limitation. We did just switch servers.

Profile pics are limited to 250x250 and 500 kb in size. This size limited might be outdated though and I could adjust this.

Actually , correction... I did not try to upload larger photo on a new server ...need to try it to see what happens

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 4 weeks later...