JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

CRUSTLESS PIZZA

CRUSTLESS PIZZA This is good for ones who are Celiac, like my mom, and who love pizza

Ingredients

Whatever you want on your pizza!

Take a 9x13 baking dish and one pound of mild or hot Italian sausage and spread the sausage out in the bottom of the dish like a crust.

Pour a jar of pizza sauce over the sausage

Put whatever ingredients you like on top, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, green peppers, onions, etc.

Spread as much cheese as you want on top

Bake at 375 til done. In my oven, it is about 45 minutes, but I have a weird oven. Just check the sausage at the bottom to make sure it is cooked through.

CRUSTLESS PIZZA This is good for ones who are Celiac, like my mom, and who love pizza

Ingredients

Whatever you want on your pizza!

Take a 9x13 baking dish and one pound of mild or hot Italian sausage and spread the sausage out in the bottom of the dish like a crust.

Pour a jar of pizza sauce over the sausage

Put whatever ingredients you like on top, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, green peppers, onions, etc.

Spread as much cheese as you want on top

Bake at 375 til done. In my oven, it is about 45 minutes, but I have a weird oven. Just check the sausage at the bottom to make sure it is cooked through.

YUMMY! This is also good for low-carb dieters! (but not everyday)! You can also do the same thing using a little olive oil in the bottom of the pan and large slices of portabello mushrooms in place of the sausage.. using sausage as a topping!

We just use breakfast sausage like Jimmy Dean. When you pack it down tightly it makes a good, tight "crust". Spray your pan with Pam or some cookig spray. Sausage cooks out no grease--like when you fry patties in the pan--and it can get stuck depending on what type of pan you bake it in. This was a good high protien recipe too (Atkins plan).

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I will def. be trying this! Do you use ground Italian sausage, like Bob Evans? Or do you buy sausage in casing and remove it?

I have used the ground and the one in the casing. I prefer the ground, but the stores by me often don't have it, don't know why. Either works good though.

Thanks! I think I might try the Bob Evans Italian sausage, the 1 lb. roll.... I really like the way that one tastes! Thanks ladies!

You can also add seasonings, garlic, oregano, parsley, etc, whatever you like. It's a very flexible recipe.

• 2 years later...