JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sometimes ( well really always) the world just can’t win.Clean up the waterways : Kill more whales??

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1803 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Kind of related to the topic. Puget Sound orcas are undernourished. Authorities believe this is because they depend on salmon as their primary food source. For various reasons fewer salmon return to Puget Sound water courses every year. In Canadian waters the orcas primary food supply are sealions, seals and their pups. Canadian orcas are well norished. There is a super abundance of sea lions, seals and their pups in Puget Sound but the local orcas starve themselves while hunting for salmon. There is a distinct danger that the  dependence on salmon may cause total depletion of the Puget Sound Orca.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

14 hours ago, Old said:

Kind of related to the topic. Puget Sound orcas are undernourished. Authorities believe this is because they depend on salmon as their primary food source. For various reasons fewer salmon return to Puget Sound water courses every year. In Canadian waters the orcas primary food supply are sealions, seals and their pups. Canadian orcas are well norished. There is a super abundance of sea lions, seals and their pups in Puget Sound but the local orcas starve themselves while hunting for salmon. There is a distinct danger that the  dependence on salmon may cause total depletion of the Puget Sound Orca.

I’ve read a story somewhere stating that a certain type of Salmon is abundant that doesn’t have the nutritional profile needed by Orcasand those Salmon tend to interfere with the Orcas ability to hunt  their preferred species.

Victor Vescovo, the man who recently took what's said to be the deepest manned dive in history, said he saw a plastic bag at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean's Mariana Trench, the deepest place on the Earth, some 36,000 feet! 😕

On 5/14/2019 at 8:11 AM, Lee49 said:

Victor Vescovo, the man who recently took what's said to be the deepest manned dive in history, said he saw a plastic bag at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean's Mariana Trench, the deepest place on the Earth, some 36,000 feet! 😕

I saw this story too, it accompanied a report that one of the most pristine and isolated beaches on earth is now covered with plastics: mostly flip flops.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:13 PM, Tortuga said:

I would be happy if Jehovah assigned me to pick up all the plastic in the world. I would find that satisfying work...

He would also teach you to be a very, very good swimmer! 😆

On 5/12/2019 at 3:44 PM, Old said:

Orca's are fascinating. so far I've learned that each pod has it's own language and their own hunting styles and prey.
The language thing is interesting because the Orca's that were raised in captivity would be considered illiterate if introduced to a wild pod.