JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Appreciating our study conductors..

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1719 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am sure we have had wonderful studies with our study conductors.

How they showed

patienc

love

wisdom

understanding

How they took our studies so beautifully etc.

Now look at us today, how we are here talking and discussing world politics as if we were above the UN.

OK.

Now I want to share some beautiful moments with my study conductor.

Its little big so I will divide into parts.

In the meanwhile you too can share your study adventures.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Part 1 :

When my wife(at that time we were courting) asked me to study with Jehovah's witness.. I was actually confident that I will be able to ask many questions and they won't be able to answer. But it turned out to be a different scenario.
My first study conductor was a young sister and she took lots of efforts and my study continued till 7 chapter in the knowledge book.

Then she got a chance to serve at the bethel and hence left me in the hands of her study conductor.

I thought it will be the same interesting study but to my dismay I found out that my new study conductor was a old lady.
And she talked less and rarely laughed (or even smiled).

Now I was a talkative guy. I had got close to my first study conductor given that she was of my age. So discussing things were quite easy.

So finding this new aged sister grim... made me loose my love for the study.

But I had no other go.

During the first meeting I spoke on length.

I boasted about my so called talents and told her that I have many questions.
To make her understand I asked some very difficult questions.

But unfortunately they had all been covered in the initial chapters of the knowledge book.

When I told her that I was not clear about the sufferings based question, she looked at me and said...

I don't know what she(my previous study conductor) took and how u understood... But I am going to start from beginning.

I was shocked.

What.... from beginning.??

No way.

I argued a little.

But u know who would have won.

I started studying The BIBLE again from first chapter of the knowledge book.

End of part one.

5 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

Part 1 :

When my wife(at that time we were courting) asked me to study with Jehovah's witness.. I was actually confident that I will be able to ask many questions and they won't be able to answer. But it turned out to be a different scenario.
My first study conductor was a young sister and she took lots of efforts and my study continued till 7 chapter in the knowledge book.

Then she got a chance to serve at the bethel and hence left me in the hands of her study conductor.

I thought it will be the same interesting study but to my dismay I found out that my new study conductor was a old lady.
And she talked less and rarely laughed (or even smiled).

Now I was a talkative guy. I had got close to my first study conductor given that she was of my age. So discussing things were quite easy.

So finding this new aged sister grim... made me loose my love for the study.

But I had no other go.

During the first meeting I spoke on length.

I boasted about my so called talents and told her that I have many questions.
To make her understand I asked some very difficult questions.

But unfortunately they had all been covered in the initial chapters of the knowledge book.

When I told her that I was not clear about the sufferings based question, she looked at me and said...

I don't know what she(my previous study conductor) took and how u understood... But I am going to start from beginning.

I was shocked.

What.... from beginning.??

No way.

I argued a little.

But u know who would have won.

I started studying The BIBLE again from first chapter of the knowledge book.

End of part one.

Pride comes before a fall, eh?!😄

• 5 weeks later...

Hello brothers and sisters

Sorry for the delay. Busy with my work.

So as I started studying I understood that this study conductor was very different. She would not take any of my expressed thoughts casually.
And the study started to proceed.
Though slowly... sometimes at a snail's speed but it went on.

In the meanwhile ...after two months ... I got a job.... away from my
hometown.
The job was very far.. around 1250 kms or 750+ miles.

So I packed all my things... Bid farewell to my friends and my study conductor and left for the big city.

I suffered very much in the big city. No money... no proper place to stay.. my God I was humiliated.

No thought of restarting my study as I was not able to settle because of lack of proper accommodations.
The company which I had joined had given me a very very very low amount as rent allowances.
Without proper information about the cost of living , I had foolishly agreed for the city life.

I stayed there for one month.
Somehow jehovah God did a miracle.

I was asked to change locations and the new location was near to my home.

I started back happily.

On the way back I got the fore thought that the company was slyly terminating me and when reached their head office, the news was passed on to me that I was terminated but still I decided to wait and meet the MD.

Somehow I convince the MD and again was appointed and was asked to work in a different location.

From my new location I could travel back every week to my home and so I would go and meet my study conductor every now and then (monthly twice) and my study continued in bits.

after 2 years of working continuously I got the opportunity to start working for my cousin.
now it was the year 2000 I went to my study conductor and said

"aunty I am back to my hometown... permanently, so we can study regularly what do you think?"

What do you think she would have said...?

she said " Dilip you are not regular and not serious about the study and so I am not interested in taking study for you. "

I was shocked. I tried to to convince her that I had been working and trying to to establish myself and that was the reason I had been travelling here and there but she she felt I was just spending some time with her and she very clearly informed me that my study was canceled.
I said OK and I told her that if somebody took study for me it would be her only...
and i left the house.

In the meanwhile I started going to meetings regularly.
aunty used to come there and we used to greet each other and nothing else.

after 3 months she asked who was taking study for me.

I said.... aunty nobody can handle me except you so nobody is taking study for me.

she was taken back and then she asked me to come to study the next day.

I was so happy I wanted to dance.

the next today I went for the study and after the prayer she asked me some basic questions and as usual I spoke about some questions which were there in my mind.

(before I left for the job I had nearly completed 6 7 chapters and I had the feeling that the study would continue from chapter 8)

but imagine me when said. "you seem to have forgotten many things so (so so so) you'll have to to start again.

I was angry with her and I argued with her but with no success.
Again I was going to study the knowledge book... From beginning....for the third time.

end of part 2

Hello brothers and sisters

Sorry for the delay. Busy with my work.

So as I started studying I understood that this study conductor was very different. She would not take any of my expressed thoughts casually.
And the study started to proceed.
Though slowly... sometimes at a snail's speed but it went on.

In the meanwhile ...after two months ... I got a job.... away from my
hometown.
The job was very far.. around 1250 kms or 750+ miles.

So I packed all my things... Bid farewell to my friends and my study conductor and left for the big city.

I suffered very much in the big city. No money... no proper place to stay.. my God I was humiliated.

No thought of restarting my study as I was not able to settle because of lack of proper accommodations.
The company which I had joined had given me a very very very low amount as rent allowances.
Without proper information about the cost of living , I had foolishly agreed for the city life.

I stayed there for one month.
Somehow jehovah God did a miracle.

I was asked to change locations and the new location was near to my home.

I started back happily.

On the way back I got the fore thought that the company was slyly terminating me and when reached their head office, the news was passed on to me that I was terminated but still I decided to wait and meet the MD.

Somehow I convince the MD and again was appointed and was asked to work in a different location.

From my new location I could travel back every week to my home and so I would go and meet my study conductor every now and then (monthly twice) and my study continued in bits.

after 2 years of working continuously I got the opportunity to start working for my cousin.
now it was the year 2000 I went to my study conductor and said

"aunty I am back to my hometown... permanently, so we can study regularly what do you think?"

What do you think she would have said...?

she said " Dilip you are not regular and not serious about the study and so I am not interested in taking study for you. "

I was shocked. I tried to to convince her that I had been working and trying to to establish myself and that was the reason I had been travelling here and there but she she felt I was just spending some time with her and she very clearly informed me that my study was canceled.
I said OK and I told her that if somebody took study for me it would be her only...
and i left the house.

In the meanwhile I started going to meetings regularly.
aunty used to come there and we used to greet each other and nothing else.

after 3 months she asked who was taking study for me.

I said.... aunty nobody can handle me except you so nobody is taking study for me.

she was taken back and then she asked me to come to study the next day.

I was so happy I wanted to dance.

the next today I went for the study and after the prayer she asked me some basic questions and as usual I spoke about some questions which were there in my mind.

(before I left for the job I had nearly completed 6 7 chapters and I had the feeling that the study would continue from chapter 8)

but imagine me when said. "you seem to have forgotten many things so (so so so) you'll have to to start again.

I was angry with her and I argued with her but with no success.
Again I was going to study the knowledge book... From beginning....for the third time.

end of part 2

Hey Dilip, looking forward to part 3! Such a lovely story.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Part 3

From this part I will just share some sweet situations which I encountered with my aunty. 

My study always used to be on Wednesdays . 

On one Wednesday I missed my study as I was with some friends or held up with some work. 

So on the next day that is Thursday I took my friend's Bicycle and went five km to aunts house. 

Ding dong. 

The door bell rang. 

I was sweating. 

Book and Bible in my hand. 

Aunty came and opened the door. 

Before I continue.. let me inform you.. My study used to go on minimum one hour. I repeat... Minimum. 

Maximum two hours. 

So try to guess how long would that study would have gone on that day.? 

Ok

So as my aunty opened the door... I was surprised. 

She had no smile. 

And the most strange thing was... Very strange I would say... 

She did not open the door fully. 

In fact she was peeping. 

She looked surprised on seeing me. 

So a beautiful question came...

From her....

What are you doing here.? 

(In captain haddocks words... 

Billions of blue blistering boiled and barbecued barnacles!) 

The conversation was something like this... 

aunty.. I came for study. 

When is your study actually dilip.? 

On Wednesday aunty (getting restless) 

Aunty Pls move. 

Let me come in. 

Why didn't you come yesterday? 

(still I am standing on the threshold) 

Oh I was busy. 

Oh.! 

So study then on next Wednesday. 

What? 

Bye. 

Slam.

Door closed. 

Imagine me.

Standing outside aunty s house. 

Totally shocked. 

What? 

I was not even asked in. 

No study. 

I came all the way for 5 kms on cycle. 

Totally disappointed😪😥☹️... I just left the building. 

Next Wednesday 

It rained

To be continued...! 

Part 3

From this part I will just share some sweet situations which I encountered with my aunty. 

My study always used to be on Wednesdays . 

On one Wednesday I missed my study as I was with some friends or held up with some work. 

So on the next day that is Thursday I took my friend's Bicycle and went five km to aunts house. 

Ding dong. 

The door bell rang. 

I was sweating. 
Book and Bible in my hand. 

Aunty came and opened the door. 

Before I continue.. let me inform you.. My study used to go on minimum one hour. I repeat... Minimum. 

Maximum two hours. 

So try to guess how long would that study would have gone on that day.? 

Ok

So as my aunty opened the door... I was surprised. 
She had no smile. 
And the most strange thing was... Very strange I would say... 

She did not open the door fully. 

In fact she was peeping. 

She looked surprised on seeing me. 

So a beautiful question came...
From her....

What are you doing here.? 

(In captain haddocks words... 

Billions of blue blistering boiled and barbecued barnacles!) 

The conversation was something like this... 

aunty.. I came for study. 

When is your study actually dilip.? 

On Wednesday aunty (getting restless) 
Aunty Pls move. 
Let me come in. 

Why didn't you come yesterday? 
(still I am standing on the threshold) 

Oh I was busy. 

Oh.! 
So study then on next Wednesday. 

What? 

Bye. 

Slam.
Door closed. 

Imagine me.

Standing outside aunty s house. 

Totally shocked. 

What? 
I was not even asked in. 
No study. 
I came all the way for 5 kms on cycle. 

Totally disappointed... I just left the building. 

Next Wednesday 

It rained

To be continued...! 

I will have to take a leaf out of aunty's book! Brilliant tactics with an not so punctual student!!!

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Part 4

The next Wednesday as i started for the study.... It rained.
I just thought for a moment.
Then borrowed a polythene bag. Kept my Bible and knowledge book inside the bag and kept the whole bag inside my shirt and went in the rain.
As I reached Aunty's house and knocked the door, she came and looked at me astonishingly.
Her first question was... Why did you come in the rain.?

I said... Aunty you will not take study on any other day and my study will get postponed to next Wednesday.

Saw a smile. A very small smile but it was there.

As the study progressed I started to grow spiritually.
Our study used to be very deep. I used to ask plenty of questions. And sometimes we will cover only one paragraph in one hour.
Aunty will never continue unless she made sure that I had understood the paragraph.

But some questions were always a pain in my heart.

Since suffering was connected to the issue of eden... I was not able to understand the depth.

Hence the following questions always lingered my rotating mind...

How can jehovah God allow humans to be born imperfect.
Didn't he know that there would be so much suffering, agony, death.?

To give an answer to satan why would Jehovah God allow billions of humans to suffer.?

Why did he allow humans to be born thru humans whereas this was not the case with angels resulting in all humans to be born sinners.

Why didn't he stop Adam?

The more I thought on this subject the more uncomfortable I would become.

Then finally I made up my mind.

Bible is the truth.
But the first three chapters of the Bible were not true. Somehow, someone added them to the Bible. They were not clear as they projected Jehovah God in a different limelight.

So study the Bible. But don't believe the first three chapters.

With this thought I went for my next study.

Normally whenever I raised questions during the study, aunty will be turning the Bible from one end to another.

And so I was prepared for some heated discussions during this study.

As I explained my view points at the start of the study I looked straight into Aunty's face.

But she gave a shocking answer. A very shocking answer.

End of part four.