JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oklahoma Kansas Missouri Storms

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1793 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Moderators,

Please move if not appropriately placed - but I have search the boards for the storms that are hitting hard in the 

Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri area(s).  Just thinking about the friends in these areas where the storm are hitting hard and strong.

https://www.newsweek.com/flood-tornado-warning-oklahoma-kansas-missouri-1433580

At least six people have been killed in the severe weather in the Plains and Midwest,

with one Missouri city getting hit by a tornado on the eight-year anniversary of a twister that left 161 people dead.

The National Weather Service in St. Louis said that a violent tornado ripped through Missouri’s capital Jefferson City

at around 11:45 p.m. local time, causing extensive damage to the area.

In a tweet, the Missouri Department of Public Safety confirmed that three people

have been killed in the Golden City area of Barton County and several people have been

injured in the Carl Junction area of Jasper County. The department said power lines are down

and advised people to still consider them live and to stay away from the damaged areas. 

Local media reports that many people are still could still be trapped in their homes

as a result of the tornado.

“Major tornados across state tonight, including Jeff City. We’re doing okay but praying

for those that were caught in damage, some are still trapped—local emergency

crews are on site and assisting,” Missouri Mayor Mike Parson tweeted

Edited by TiaCyre

1 minute ago, TiaCyre said:

Moderators,

Please move if not appropriately placed - but I have search the boards for the storms that are hitting hard in the 

Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri area(s).  Just thinking about the friends in these areas where the storm are hitting hard and strong.

https://www.newsweek.com/flood-tornado-warning-oklahoma-kansas-missouri-1433580

I got a listeners alert from my scanner app, I listened in on my phone and when I heard an address from the first responders dispatch I used my tablet and figured out where they were working.. I expanded my view and used the satellite view, it was a little bit weird, knowing that I was looking at buildings that were no longer there...

Last year I saw the Jopli, MO Kingdom Hall that was rebuilt ( using Nudura ICF- insulated concrete foam forms ) after it was destroyed 8 years ago.

Closest I heard of another tornado in area was 10 miles north of Joplin.

Edited by pnutts

added line

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: