JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's Your 2040?

I'd like to strongly recommend that everyone who can see this Documentary, go right away.

https://whatsyour2040.com/

Produced in Australia, it's nonetheless a global message. The Producer travels to Bangladesh, LA, and a few other places. Rather than focus on the problem, it goes with solutions that are already being used; and demonstrates how these solutions can work across the world. 

I suppose the correct term for it is a Docu-Drama; because it takes the form of the Producer speaking to his daughter, (Currently Four Years Old); and follows the formula: "Here's a group of people who are working a solution, here's why it's a good idea; and here's a dramatisation of what the world would look like if adopted and widespread."

He repeats this pattern with Power Generation, Transport, Food, and education.

The focus of the Documentary is not just how to limit emissions, but rather how to go one step further, and regenerate natural resources. But what strikes me as the most groundbreaking part; is that every one of his solutions work on multiple levels: Environment, Profit, Improving Community; and increasing jobs for all involved.

It smashes the idea that going green means having to 'do without' and while it mentions climate deniers and politics; it never turns to the media, or the world leaders for a solution.

Ultimately, it's hopeful; without a trace of naivete. Something unheard of in Climate News.

Now I know that, as a Witness; we don't expect humans to ever fix the problem. But it's still a topic of conversation, because come The Day; we're going to be spending a lot of time putting it all back. And we will; but something underlined by this movie is that the only missing part to fixing the problem is Leadership. We've been telling people for a hundred years that the world's being ruled by evil powers; and that's why the world can't work.

This movie talks about ways to not only reduce the waste, but to repair the damage. It's given me ideas that are going in the next New World book, for sure. In fact, the dramatised sections of what this future would look like are almost exactly my view of paradise.

Currently in Australian cinemas, if not mainstream. I imagine it'll go up for sale somewhere in a few months. Keep an eye out for it!

I'd like to strongly recommend that everyone who can see this Documentary, go right away.

https://whatsyour2040.com/

Produced in Australia, it's nonetheless a global message. The Producer travels to Bangladesh, LA, and a few other places. Rather than focus on the problem, it goes with solutions that are already being used; and demonstrates how these solutions can work across the world. 

I suppose the correct term for it is a Docu-Drama; because it takes the form of the Producer speaking to his daughter, (Currently Four Years Old); and follows the formula: "Here's a group of people who are working a solution, here's why it's a good idea; and here's a dramatisation of what the world would look like if adopted and widespread."
He repeats this pattern with Power Generation, Transport, Food, and education.

The focus of the Documentary is not just how to limit emissions, but rather how to go one step further, and regenerate natural resources. But what strikes me as the most groundbreaking part; is that every one of his solutions work on multiple levels: Environment, Profit, Improving Community; and increasing jobs for all involved.
It smashes the idea that going green means having to 'do without' and while it mentions climate deniers and politics; it never turns to the media, or the world leaders for a solution.

Ultimately, it's hopeful; without a trace of naivete. Something unheard of in Climate News.

Now I know that, as a Witness; we don't expect humans to ever fix the problem. But it's still a topic of conversation, because come The Day; we're going to be spending a lot of time putting it all back. And we will; but something underlined by this movie is that the only missing part to fixing the problem is Leadership. We've been telling people for a hundred years that the world's being ruled by evil powers; and that's why the world can't work.

This movie talks about ways to not only reduce the waste, but to repair the damage. It's given me ideas that are going in the next New World book, for sure. In fact, the dramatised sections of what this future would look like are almost exactly my view of paradise.

Currently in Australian cinemas, if not mainstream. I imagine it'll go up for sale somewhere in a few months. Keep an eye out for it!
Thanks for the link... I look forward to seeing it

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk