JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents

This "Witness family" are probably apostates posing as witnesses. I'm sorry, but no faithful witness parents that I know would let their daughter go on a "summer holiday" to the Greek islands alone, or with a friend their own age. Here in the states we call it "spring break" and they are notorious for drugs and immorality.

This family is obviously getting paid to participate. One of you British friends should see if you can find out anything through the congregation they supposedly attend once we know their full names.

This could be true, but she is 18, she can do whatever she wants and does not need her parent's permission.

Sad, I hate seeing this stuff about witnesses on tv, somehow, we come out looking bad.

Actually, from the synopsis of the story on the website, it makes it sound like she goes by herself and then meets up with the other person and his "group".

If she is still living under her parents roof, even if she is 18, they could have stopped her from going. It seems like they are willing participants in this.

You can't stop an 18 yr old from doing what they want. You can try, you can threaten, they will just move out, simple as that. I know quite a few witness kids over the years who did just that. They wanted the world, and the day they turned 18, they moved out of their parent's house and there was nothing the parents could do about it.

I was one of those. I moved out and my mom tried to stop me, but legally she could do nothing about it, I was of age.

Actually, from the synopsis of the story on the website, it makes it sound like she goes by herself and then meets up with the other person and his "group".

If she is still living under her parents roof, even if she is 18, they could have stopped her from going. It seems like they are willing participants in this.

You can't stop an 18 yr old from doing what they want. You can try, you can threaten, they will just move out, simple as that. I know quite a few witness kids over the years who did just that. They wanted the world, and the day they turned 18, they moved out of their parent's house and there was nothing the parents could do about it.

I was one of those. I moved out and my mom tried to stop me, but legally she could do nothing about it, I was of age.

I agree. As I said, IF she was still living under their roof even at 18, they can make the rules. If she didn't want to abide by them, she would be free to leave.

I did my research, and uTorrent is legal.

uTorrent is legal. But if you download copyrighted material with it like movies, computer software or music then you are commiting an illegal act and stealing. You are very unlikely to get caught doing this although it is possible.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080822094112AANYiAY

The only way you can download copyrighted material legally is if you get the permission to download it in this way from the owner. Which is rare.

There are sites where you can use uTorrent legally such as http://www.clearbits.net/ and http://www.legittorrents.info/

Example:- Downloading War Horse, Lord of the Rings, Star wars, Nirvana's Nevermind, Microsoft Word etc etc with uTorrent is illegal due to the copyrights.

Downloading :- Firefox setup 9.0 , Pioneer 1

is to my knowledge okay.

Hope this helps you brother.

legal only if you pay for the product!!!! if you get it free, it is not . Don't believe me!!! :exclamation:do your ressearch again and you will see a website call piratebay was taken down at one point. Hey!!! i am not being judgemental, i used to use it also for new movies!!:innocent:

Sorry you answered while i was posting my post. Yes i used various torrent sites for downloading copyrighted material too. Managed to stop using them now as it is stealing and not correct for us to do. Imagine if we got caught and brought Jehovah's name to shame. I would be gutted.