JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

link to directly to the bible or another reference

Hi all

someone PM'd me recently asking how they are able to post a link to a scripture (hyperlink) I don't know why they asked me as I don't do it myself :)

I said I didn't know but suggested to ask here, perhaps....?  I'd like to know myself now :eek:

Sometimes you see a scripture  like John 14:21.. but it is a hyperlink in other's posts, not just text like i entered. Or another link might be like this see here... (i have just coloured the text and added an underline) There is a link 'underneath or associated with it that takes someone to another WOL page perhaps.

Any pointers on how to do it.

Thanks

Edited by Alan

Forgot something

You type the needed scripture in the search box at wol.jw.org and then copy the link in the address bar. After that you come here, start a post and click on the chain link in the formatting panel. A window will pop up where in the top box, you paste the link of the scriptures and in the bottom one you type their name. You will get a link to the scriptures as shown below in my example: 

2 Cor 3:1-5 Just click on it and it will take you to the online Bible. If you do not like this kind of view, but want the whole chapter, then you need to click on the name of the scriptures and it will take you to the chapter where the cited verses will be highlighted in red. So you just copy the link in the address bar and repeat the chain link steps. 

You should get something like this 2 Cor 3:1-5 

Edited by Hun

3 hours ago, Hun said:

You type the needed scripture in the search box at wol.jw.org and then copy the link in the address bar. After that you come here, start a post and click on the chain link in the formatting panel. A window will pop up where in the top box, you paste the link of the scriptures and in the bottom one you type their name. You will get a link to the scriptures as shown below in my example: 

2 Cor 3:1-5 Just click on it and it will take you to the online Bible. If you do not like this kind of view, but want the whole chapter, then you need to click on the name of the scriptures and it will take you to the chapter where the cited verses will be highlighted in red. So you just copy the link in the address bar and repeat the chain link steps. 

You should get something like this 2 Cor 3:1-5 

Wow Thanks, Nurzat.. are you a teacher?

This is very precise...

This is like voodoo.... well, not quite; it is like magic to me :ecstatic: that you can do that.

5 minutes ago, Alan said:

Wow Thanks, Nurzat.. are you a teacher?

This is very precise...

This is like voodoo.... well, not quite; it is like magic to me :ecstatic: that you can do that.

Thanks, Br. Alan. No, I am not a teacher, though I have worked as a tutor for a bit. Glad to be of some use.  :)

Thanks, Br. Carlos. :) The professional way looks great. I have tried it, but it did not work. It all in Spanish and I do not know what to press.

After watching the above video, I think I can simplify my first post the following way: 

You go to wol.jw.org and type the needed scriptures in the search box. Then after the scriptures open, you right click on their title to copy the link address.  After that you come back, click on the chain link and past the address and name. I think it is the simplest and shortest way for the unprofessional ones. :)

My browser is in Spanish but the option I used is "Copiar" (Copy) so it should be easy to understand. :lol:

Basically what I was suggesting is: go to the website and find the scripture as you said. Then select the reference that appears in blue and simply copy it (Ctrl-C will work too) and then paste it in your post. That reference is already formatted and contains the link, so you don't even need to fill in the chain link. 

But both ways do basically the same thing.

Edited by carlos

When I paste it in my post, all I get is just a long link address. It is not like in your video where the title and verse numbers appear. I guess it is to do with my browser or my computer system. :confused: