JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oppose the devil

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1697 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I shall be soaking that one in a bit later. I need all the help I can get. Especially after Sunday's watchtower ... I pray that my brain takes it all. 

Thanks for posting.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I like the opening part ...about our "potential" when it come to opposing the Devil.

Jehovah knows that we CAN do it!

I was expecting different areas to be touched on, but it went into everyday areas that I have never connected before, with opposing the Devil

Spoiler

For example: Compering ourselves to others - to what we can accomplish in the ministry - that was a very interesting point

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

49 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I like the opening part ...about our "potential" when it come to opposing the Devil.

Jehovah knows that we CAN do it!

I was expecting different areas to be touched on, but it went into everyday areas that I have never connected before, with opposing the Devil

Reveal hidden contents

For example: Compering ourselves to others - to what we can accomplish in the ministry - that was a very interesting point

Yes Jehovah doesn't ask us to do things that he knows we can't do! Simple but effective statement there Greg.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This is the first time we've gotten to see him, no?

In a Morning Worship video on JWB, yes. He did, however, appear in this video clip as well:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/taganrog-jw-trial-video/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”