JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

International Convention-Philippines November 1-3 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1627 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

11 hours ago, ray said:

Yes, there is information about it. I’m actually worried of this thread existing.

Brothers and sisters here in the Philippines are usually inclined in using social media, by regularly posting things on Facebook, either by posts or by sharing things in Facebook Stories (My Day). Thus it will be appropriate to give such direction to volunteers in the Philippines. We know that the international convention is a very special event, so we really expect the brothers and sisters to be really excited and post things on social media.

FYI, I am also an IC volunteer in the Philippines.

Thanks Bro Ray, already advised moderator to remove the thread and reminder I've post. I just was excited and overwhelmed to our upcoming IC. Hope to see you in our IC brother ray. 

"‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done." - Luke 17:10 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:07 PM, Bro Richard said:

Thank you for sharing, however, is there any direction from the brothers to not share or post this information on social media? 

We had International Conventions for several months and this is the first time I have seen anyone post any direction given to the volunteers,  so I hope someone more familiar with it can tell me if there is any reason why they wouldn't be allowed to be posted here.

Yup! I heard from a "first-aid volunteer" that some are removed from their assignment/task due to excessive posting of information on social media.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:20 PM, Boanerges said:

Are you also invited in the 3 day convention on Nov 1-3?

No, I'm not invited. Our circuit already had its convention last June. The brothers who will attend the Manila IC in November will surely enjoy the program.

Edited by Patrick Starfish

On 10/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, Danni said:

Yup! I heard from a "first-aid volunteer" that some are removed from their assignment/task due to excessive posting of information on social media.

What were they posting.. Im just curious. 

Just now, JennyM said:

What were they posting.. Im just curious. 

Posting pictures of them in training. Selfies, and the like. Those events are meant to be confidential and not posted on social media.

They post it in their Facebook Stories or post directly to their profiles, or in Instagram.

• 2 weeks later...

More than 26,000 attended the IC 2019 in Manila, Philippines in MOA arena and in SMX convention center. 

5,500 delegates from 67 countries with Bro. Kenneth Floodin and Bro. Mark Sanderson. 

Truly felt the unfailing love of our God, Jehovah. 

"‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done." - Luke 17:10 

Thanks for the info brother. I just want to thank all at the first aid department. My mother became so unwell on friday afternoon with coughing fit and raised blood pressure. The doctors and nurses looked after her so well that she was able to carry on and finish the whole 3 day convention. The love and care was unbeatable! Thanks for all your effort. Our friends said the hospitality and love of Filipino brothers were as hot as Manila weather!🤗

1 hour ago, Female Frodo said:

Thanks for the info brother. I just want to thank all at the first aid department. My mother became so unwell on friday afternoon with coughing fit and raised blood pressure. The doctors and nurses looked after her so well that she was able to carry on and finish the whole 3 day convention. The love and care was unbeatable! Thanks for all your effort. Our friends said the hospitality and love of Filipino brothers were as hot as Manila weather!🤗

Thanks. I would like to know more about your mother, I hope she is doing fine now. I must admit I also check my blood pressure whenever there's gatherings. Its so true that the love of Filipino brothers were hot as Manila weather, it overwhelms us too feeling like we're in Paradise just for a moment because of so many of us that loves Jehovah. There's a lot of news about it so I can see the IC here :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, Female Frodo said:

Thanks Sis. Carna and thanks to Jehovah for using us. We hope she's already fine. Happy to serve.

Sharing some experience on our Manila International Convention last November 1-3. 

One of our overseer saw a priest attends our international convention.

He accompanied the priest, and explained our event.

The priest was amazed by the hospitality that all JW's showed to him, also he met some foreign delegates and he said that it is his first time to see different people and different races hugging each other. The priest accepts a Bible study from our overseer. 

viber_image_2019-11-02_21-03-45.jpg