JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Whitney Houston dead

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4444 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If you can't get along with them now, then you are going to be in serious trouble when they are resurrected.

I thought Musky got along with every one ;)

I am glad you 2 are moderators. We get a good balance. Have fun you guys.

Hey, when is Bob putting on the BBQ?

Lol, I think he took my statement wrong.

I was talking with a friend just the other day and I was saying...Honestly, I don't know how the people out in the world cope without Jehovah.

We who know Jehovah have a difficult enough time coping with with the difficulties of what this world has to offer--how much more the people out theres who does not have a hope-- People turn to different things to cope- food, alcohol, excessive recreation, entertainment,....the list goes on, drug is only another thing on the list, and should not be singled out as being the unforgivable sin........it is something they use to help them cope. If we treat them unkind, and refer to them as "Druggies".when they come into the truth ( because jehovah is bringing in'all sorts' of men..it would be much more difficult for us to adjust our thinking and to treat them as brothers and sisters.

Agree completely. We have Jehovah now and look how many of our own are struggling. Satan is beating all of us down.

If you can't get along with them now, then you are going to be in serious trouble when they are resurrected.

Ah, he is OK. One day no resident will say "I am Sick" This includes Mental sickness and addictions.

To quote one of the anointed who is ruling in heaven right now - "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus." Rev 22:20 and may it be quickly as Jesus said.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Ah, he is OK. One day no resident will say "I am Sick" This includes Mental sickness and addictions.

To quote one of the anointed who is ruling in heaven right now - "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus." Rev 22:20 and may it be quickly as Jesus said.

Yes Lord Jesus Come!! Two days ago one of my dear friends in the truth called me and said, that she was so tired, that she did not care even if she did not make it into the new world, that she was just ready for the pain, suffering, struggling ....to end........

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Yes Lord Jesus Come!! Two days ago one of my dear friends in the truth called me and said, that she was so tired, that she did not care even if she did not make it into the new world, that she was just ready for the pain, suffering, struggling ....to end........

Sadly, I know others like that too.

As you said earlier, how do people in the world cope without Jehovah. We have him, and we are struggling to cope.

:eek: I am certain Jehovah is too. He has to see it ALL!!!

We are all precious in His eyes. But none should be put on a pedestal. "Miserable humans that we are." "Who can rescue us?" "Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord." Rom 7:24 & 25

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On the 5th day post armageddon. Whitney will be singing for us.

I figure I'll need the first 4 days to clean up the mess, not to mention explaining to Whitney how she got from the Bathtub to the 6 foot deep hole she awoke in.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

how she got from the Bathtub to the 6 foot deep hole she awoke in.

:eek:

that's the image you have from the resurrection? We'll have to shovel people out?

Sorry, but that's so funny, I've never heard something like that before. :clown:

My mom told me of a dream she had a few weeks ago, she dreamt that she was resurrected and lying in a bed in a white room, and her first thought was, oh my, where are my clothes!?!?

that's the image you have from the resurrection? We'll have to shovel people out?

Sorry, but that's so funny, I've never heard something like that before. :clown:

My mom told me of a dream she had a few weeks ago, she dreamt that she was resurrected and lying in a bed in a white room, and her first thought was, oh my, where are my clothes!?!?

Oh Astrid that is so funny... yes I did think that Bobs idea of us shovelling them out was funny as well :popcorn:

However I also don't think that they will appear wearing a suit like some of the men have been depicted in the WT !!

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I have a slightly twisted sense of humor. Just slightly :) Glad you liked it.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think it's totally stupid to be in tears over someone who lived a drugged up life and died. However, if some regular Joe Schmo from off the street died the same way, people would be like "Who cares?" So because someone is an entertainer, the drugs are moot. Nah...

No offense, I have no sympathy here for this. Just like with Michael Jackson. Than again, I never liked either one as an entertainer either. Guess I am heartless...

:pistols::surrender: really wish I hadn't bothered to post !

Dont worry about that Annie! Unless (most of the time) we're discussing the Kingdom or God's word, opinions differ! You're gonna be alright :readbible:

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

I think it's totally stupid to be in tears over someone who lived a drugged up life and died. However, if some regular Joe Schmo from off the street died the same way, people would be like "Who cares?" So because someone is an entertainer, the drugs are moot. Nah...

No offense, I have no sympathy here for this. Just like with Michael Jackson. Than again, I never liked either one as an entertainer either. Guess I am heartless...

Maybe you are :pistols::heart::crackwhip:

Just kidding. Here is the difference. Nobody knows Joe Schmo - that is why we give him a generic name. On the other hand, people grew up with Whitney Houston, so to speak, loved her when she was in her musical and acting prime, was saddened yet rooting for her when she struggled with addiction, and is now in a bit of shock to hear that she died.

I didn't shed any tears either. She was a few years ahead of my favorite music era. However, when Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter died by the sting-ray, I was deeply disturbed. I may have shed a tear, I cannot remember. But if Joe Schmo got eaten by a croc, I would simply wonder if the croc thought he tasted like chicken.

when Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter died by the sting-ray,

that was sad about Steve Irwin...a lot of people were sad about that...I felt sorry for his wife and daughter and the other members of his zoo team...

my daughter and son in law were even sad about that... they usually make jokes when people die ( they are not in the truth)

Funny how one issue can bring up all sorts of OTHER issues. The issue of substance abuse is a whole issue in itself. However, any lifestyle that conflicts with the one set out in the Bible, is the result of the person being born into sin. That sinful course takes many different routes. Regardless of the route Satan helps them take, it still came from being under Satanic influence - not because a perfect person CHOSE to destroy their life by becoming a strung out drug/alcohol addict. No more so than the person who never touched any drug of ANY kind and yet is attached to one of Babylon the Great's "religions' and is completely opposed to the idea of admitting they are following a course in opposition to Jehovah. Which would you rather preach to - one who is so unhappy with themselves and in so much pain due to that unhappiness that they are taking illegal drugs to help stop that pain (if you think people who get addicted to drugs are doing so for any other reason - regardless of what they may think or say - you would likely benefit from doing some more research on it to help you feel more merciful of them) or, would you prefer one who thinks they are doing nothing wrong and have no need of learning the TRUTH about the Bible because they aren't practicing OBVIOUS sin but are full-fledged, card-carrying members of Babylon the Great? Which one might Jehovah be more inclined to draw? I personally have always found that the substance abusers are more meek and teachable than the harlot riders.

But it doesn't matter what we think because we are to love ALL of them equally and have mercy for them - ALL - just as our head, Christ did. (Think about the ones drawn to Jesus. And what did Jesus do before teaching them? Threw out the demons and the sin-inherited diseases.) Because they are ALL blinded by Satan - none of them WILLINGLY with a perfect mind, body and accurate knowledge of Jehovah's will for them CHOSE to be who they are.

Also, none of us walked in their shoes so we have no right to question the course they ended up on. And as we are reminded over and over again by the Faithful Steward, we should NEVER compare our circumstance with someone else's by saying, "I went through this and that and I never did anything THAT bad... or STILL - I accepted the Truth"... or whatever accomplishment we feel we made because who is really responsible for us being in Jehovah's organization?

So yes, dear brothers and sisters, if we have misgivings about people that are practicing a certain sin or lifestyle of sinning more than others, then we have work to do on our attitudes. May Jehovah bless all our efforts as we strive to bring our lives into harmony with his will for us in order to accomplish our ministry.:encourage:

The Bee

The Whitney hype is summarize in this picture. Sorry for offending anyone who "idolized" her. For me she is just a mere human who can sing.

81146=4558-whitney.jpg

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

The cartoon depiction above makes me think of how "some people' treat celebrities today! While the celebrity is alive they often harm/ or try to kill them. When the celebrity dies the people try to resurrect them! - sad - So happy to know Jehovah!

The Whitney hype is summarize in this picture. Sorry for offending anyone who "idolized" her. For me she is just a mere human who can sing.

81146=4558-whitney.jpg

I have never idolized a human. I suppose it might be because of my Jehovah's Witness upbringing. I am in AWE of JEHOVAH though and always have been. Even though, I realize she was a good singer who was desperately seeking to satisfy or fill the emptiness in her heart. False religion and a satanical sense security that this world instilled in her. We are filled with Jehovah's teachings, purpose and his holy spirit so we may not understand the cavernous hollow of her life that was most certainly killed her. Praise Jehovah for filling us with all that is good (spiritual food) so that we not end up like poor Whitney.