JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Technical Support for Jw Broadcasting Via Satellite

Here in Nigeria. The branch made provisions for brothers and sisters to viw the monthly broadcast via satellite. I had installed one once at our kingdom hall without any issues. But i recently tried installing another one for an elderly sister in her home but everything thing seems to go perfectly well but the only problem is that the two jw channels which the branch uses did not come up among the number of other tv channels on the same frequency. I don’t know if i can get any technical support or inputs from anyone here in this forum. All the parameters given by the branch has been followed. Belowvis the screen shot of the parameters given. I feel something is missing that i have not done, because other families who have the set up at home do not have any issues like the one i’m experiencing 🙁384FBFDE-97CD-4DB9-9C0C-BEA046494184.jpeg.170374504736d4bd32cb0737219b20d1.jpeg

This is what I was told

the instructions for this were received via jw.org originally. They should have included how to get help-including a way to get technical help via someone local for your branch-my overseers are instructing he check that channel first

most likely the request goes to the Nigeria Branch computer dept inbox

On 12/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, Shawnster said:

This is what I was told

the instructions for this were received via jw.org originally. They should have included how to get help-including a way to get technical help via someone local for your branch-my overseers are instructing he check that channel first

most likely the request goes to the Nigeria Branch computer dept inbox

Thanks a lot @Shawnster i could have thanked u earlier than this but i couldn’t reply, create or quote on any topic or comments for like a week. I could only like comments. I just noticed everything is back to normal now. 

I later discovered that i positioned the satellite dish on 28 degree east not on 7 degree east as given. Everything now works perfectly and i can now view those 2 channels from the branch. 😁

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, God's gift said:

Hello everyone,am planning on installing a satellite for a brother here in Nigeria. Please what satellite do I need to tract to get Jw broadcast live... Please I need all specs... Thanks

See the first posting. Write a PM to the brother.

9 hours ago, BrotherJay said:

Is it possible to somehow get those channels on other countries on satellite TV?

Here are the footprints of Eutelsat 7B:

https://de.eutelsat.com/en/satellites/the-fleet/EUTELSAT-7B-downlink-coverage.html

And the description:

EUTELSAT 7B is co-located with the EUTELSAT 7A satellite

at this new orbital hotspot for customers in South-East Europe,

Turkey, the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean.

These additional resources at 7° East have increased in-orbit security, while the very high power available on EUTELSAT 7B makes it particularly suitable for Direct-to-Home (DTH) applications.

7° East is a key orbital position for regional TV channels. It has seen important growth in Turkey and the Middle East with over 8 million homes, and is a growing neighbourhood for Farsi-speaking audiences. 7° East has also become a new DTH hotspot for Sub-Saharan Africa and a key pay-TV neighbourhood for Eastern Africa with some of the fastest growth rates in the region.

EUTELSAT 7B features five coverage zones: one high-power beam over Europe; two beams serving Europe, North Africa and the Middle East; and two beams covering Sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean.

I don't know if there is a need for it in India.If so, write to your branch.