JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sister needs a place to stay

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4444 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Dear Friends-

I have a close friend who needs to have surgery and the hospital is in La Jolla, CA. She lives in Orland and will be driving to La Jolla on Feb 28th with another sister as support. These two darlings need a room for two nights but have limited incomes. They are truly wonderful sisters who have been in the truth for a total of 90 years together. They are terrific and need help. Does anyone here know of anyone that can put them up? The sister has checked out the hotels there and they are sky high. If anyone knows of any situation that someone can help, please PM me.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Sis I didn't want to read and "walk away" so to speak. Unfortunately, we can't offer our home because unless it is France, they are coming to, which is a suggestion with the name, but if they ever do come to Brittany France, they can be assured of our home with us.

Your sis Suzanne

ps hope someone can offer

Suzanne, you know I would love to take you up on your offer someday, but don't worry, it wouldn't be soon. And if you ever come to Mexico, "Mi Casa es Su Casa". well, My apartment is your apartment, to be more accurate! (Just don't plan on getting any sleep because we live next to a loud karaoke bar.)

Perhaps you can look up the closest congregations in La Jolla to where these sister's would like to stay.

Then you could get in contact with the local elders who could find you some free

accommodations..

Our whole association of brothers are always willing to help,especially with something as small as a

two night stay..

Perhaps you can look up the closest congregations in La Jolla to where these sister's would like to stay.

Then you could get in contact with the local elders who could find you some free

accommodations..

Our whole association of brothers are always willing to help,especially with something as small as a

two night stay..

Yes I agree moraavelo this is a good idea. Also with Suzanne about not reading and walking away. I'm in Maine so I'm not much help either, not to mention I don't know anyone in Ca.

I was just imagining these poor sisters having to stay at my place, with my 2 akita's (100/105lbs a piece), the five cats, and an assortment of dust bunnies that arise from the constant play fighting the dogs engage in. Then my husband is building a model train set in the basement........bang, bang, saw.......hammer, hammer..... It's enough to drive anyone insane.....including me. I'd almost welcome a loud karaoke bar LOL!!!!

If anyone feels the need to visit Edmonton, Alberta though and doesn't mind the menagerie of pets, and a husband who is sawing at all hours of the day.....please feel free to let me know, I've got a couple of bedrooms and a couch (which is covered by a coverlet because the DOG CHEWED IT!!!) which I'd willingly offer up LOL.