JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study for meetings

I am new to these iPad and computers. I was on YouTube a couple of years ago and found a video called app chasers. He showed how to download a watchtower or any other book or magazine to an app called file converter then open in documents by readdle. Then tou could study for meetings or Bible study the old fashioned way. In the publications you could touch the scriptures and then they would open and you could write notes on the pages with the Apple Pencil. A few months ago something changed and I cannot do it anymore. Does anyone know what I am taking about? I have asked several at the hall and they can’t help. Thank you 

I am new to the iOS world, and so attempted to do what you have spelled out above.  However, while in the Readdle app, I noticed it has a browser button under the My Files button.  When I use the browser to go to jw.org, I am able to download from the website directly to the Readdle app without having to go through the file converter app. To download, I clicked on the downward pointing arrow that is next to the address bar.  I tested it to make sure, and I was able to write and highlight on it.  Hope this helps!

Edit: You are not able to click on the scriptures, as the file is purely pdf.

Edited by Buttrfly71

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

On 1/1/2020 at 3:10 PM, Phillip said:

I am new to these iPad and computers. I was on YouTube a couple of years ago and found a video called app chasers. He showed how to download a watchtower or any other book or magazine to an app called file converter then open in documents by readdle. Then tou could study for meetings or Bible study the old fashioned way. In the publications you could touch the scriptures and then they would open and you could write notes on the pages with the Apple Pencil. A few months ago something changed and I cannot do it anymore. Does anyone know what I am taking about? I have asked several at the hall and they can’t help. Thank you 

Welcome to the family.  I think AppChasers are still in business and I use Readdle all the time.  But I find that the use of the JW Library app on the Ipad pretty much provides any need we have for studying.  I have loaded almost all of my Watchtower material (in PDF format) into the Documents by Readdle program for storage (about 50 GB of stuff).

You could download the publications as an Epub then open in iBooks.

I have tried using iBooks and the JW app, and like jwhess mentioned above, the JW app is a little easier to use when it comes to meetings and studying.

An alternative I used before the app came out was PDF Expert, also by Readdle.  Very useful tool when dealing with pdfs.