JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 special convention Abuja

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1508 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

26 minutes ago, JudyO said:

How are the songs handled on the Zoom meetings? We're getting ready to have our first weekend meeting and I was curious.

Brother switches to meeting song video with words on screen - just like at hall.

Some who were housebound before the virus - some are "Attending the meeting"

❤️😍

Hhhmm it removed part

A sister without internet phoned in And Can Make Comments over the phone. She and we loved it.

Edited by pnutts

missing part

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Bro Ishaya I dey greet you, how una dey? (Pidgin)

Were you chosen to attend the convention from your congregation?

Sent from my TECNO LC6 using Tapatalk

Lol.i never thought that any brother or sister here understand the nigerian pidgin.im very pleased .we dey do well my brother.about the invitation i think since nigeria is among the countries invited we are all covered in that invitation.im not aware if the Governing Body through the Branch committee extend invitation to particular brothers within the specified counties.but of course i may be wrong since ive never attended any international convention before.i will be very glad if brothers and sisters who have had an experience can enlighten us how this works,because as Jehovah's worshippers we want to follow instructions always.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

On 3/24/2020 at 8:53 AM, Omoyeme said:

Special Convention in Zurich

A brother posted in another convention thread that the special convention dates to be held in Zurich has been moved from June 2020 to June 2021.

Indeed hopeful for the remaining 7 conventions. -- Matthew 19:24 :)

Paraguay (August) is also postponed...

Lol.i never thought that any brother or sister here understand the nigerian pidgin.im very pleased .we dey do well my brother.about the invitation i think since nigeria is among the countries invited we are all covered in that invitation.im not aware if the Governing Body through the Branch committee extend invitation to particular brothers within the specified counties.but of course i may be wrong since ive never attended any international convention before.i will be very glad if brothers and sisters who have had an experience can enlighten us how this works,because as Jehovah's worshippers we want to follow instructions always.

Not all will attend in Nigeria. We about 400000 witnesses here.

Announcement was made in all congregations in Nigeria. You must have missed it.

Not all will attend in Nigeria. We about 400000 witnesses here.

Announcement was made in all congregations in Nigeria. You must have missed it.

very true my brother,i will have to confirm this from the secretary of my congregation.thanks for the update.