JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hebrew Scriptures Released at Special Event in Israel

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1551 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The New World Translation is now available in whole or in part in 186 languages. Similar to the Masoretic scribes of Bible times, our brothers who made up the Hebrew translation team worked diligently to transmit the Bible’s message accurately. The team dedicated more than three years to finish this modern translation. One of the translators observed: “Many Hebrew readers found it necessary to rely on commentaries or translations from other languages in order to understand particular verses and even entire books of the Bible. This Bible allows modern readers to easily grasp the meaning of the Scriptures.”

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/israel/Hebrew-Scriptures-Released-at-Special-Event-in-Israel/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

In the foreword to the NWT edition of the tanakh, the brothers write this:

“Although the Bible was originally written in Hebrew (and some parts of it in Aramaic as well), the Hebrew language has changed considerably throughout history, both in terms of syntax and vocabulary. Therefore, we hope this edition of the Bible in contemporary Hebrew will help its readers understand its message.”

“Out of awareness of the importance of the biblical message, our goal was to publish an edition that would not only be faithful to the original, but also clear and easy to read. The text used as the basis for this translation, also, in addition to the Masoretic text, includes other ancient manuscripts, such as the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Septuagint. This is the reason for some of the differences between this edition and the traditional text.”

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”