JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Home activities

Amygdala

Now that we are encouraged to do social distancing due to the virus, I wanted to start a thread on what we can do to pass the time while staying at home. Any home projects that finally can be tackled? New recipes you wanted to try? Cleaning up areas that you just never had any time for? Re-organizing cupboards, etc., etc.

Right now we are not yet in full lockdown, but when it gets to that point, it would be interesting to see what any of you have got planned to do to pass the time. Post pictures if you'd like!

Yesterday my daughter and I made a new batch of apple butter. We also cooked and baked together in the kitchen. She really enjoyed it!

Then I found 2 small drawers at a local website for things to give away for free. So yesterday I went and picked them up, sanded it down, and painted them white. Today we will go out and find some stencils, if the stores are still open, and stencil something interesting on them. Then my daughter will get them for her room.

Share some ideas on here. Maybe it'll inspire!

apples.jpg

drawers.jpg

drawers2.jpg

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

I have so many projects running through my head. lol My daughter started using knitting loops at school, and knitted herself beautiful scarves and hats, so I would also like to learn that!

My husband is the garden enthusiast. That's his area. So normally it's bustling with flowers and vegetables, but last year he didn't have much time. So now that the weather is starting up nice again, he is working on it. Like you, he''s starting fresh! :)

- Read the Bible daily 

this is a great idea to share with each other. I am looking for fill dirt around my house to bring home in a wagon. I want to make a hill in my yard. then I will put green fake grass on it and my grand daughter can slide down it on a piece of cardboard.

also I am going to sand an old bench down. but my electric sander has a problem. the bottom layer of rubber came off. this is the part that has Velcro on it so you can stick the actual round sandpaper to it. its weird I don't know why that came off. I glued it back on and it is drying outside.

I hope that holds tightly enough to still be functional.

What a great idea for your grand-daughter!  I suggested to hubby to also put down fake grass to make his life easier, but he loves working and growing different things in the garden. It's definitely a nice hobby!

Oh shame about your sander. Can you get that base replaced or fixed? Maybe try taking it to the local hardware store.

If you get the garden done, post a picture!! Be great to see!

- Read the Bible daily 

thank you lieblingskind,    we have a local kids playground that has some big hills with fake grass and you use pieces of cardboard box for the kids to slide down.  its great fun. thats where i g ot the idea.     i glued the sander together and in a few days i will see if that worked because its been raining and so its toooo cold for me to go outside and try it out.   ime trying to think of things to do to keep from getting tooo bored at home.    what are you doing to keep busy?

On 3/18/2020 at 3:12 AM, careful said:

what are you doing to keep busy?

Sorry Carol, I just saw your message now! Right now actually I don't have time to even do ironing. lol Today was mainly grocery shopping and service day, so didn't get much housework or cooking done today, and the home is starting to look...😆 Tomorrow we have the meeting, and I still have to reorganize a few rooms in the house, and the foods we bought. Amazing how there is never enough time!

But it's nice to take a break here once in awhile and catch up with the friends. How is your daily planning going?

- Read the Bible daily