JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hi Daniel, 

Welcome to our forum, glad you joined us! :)

I have been playing chess for some years now, but I am no Grandmaster. I played for a while on Lichess, but I prefer Chess.com. There are probably some very good chess players here on JWtalk.  I have a cool chess board we can play on!

Spoiler

chess GIF

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

• 2 years later...

My account is "intheshadows30" on chess.com

Anyone here on jwtalk who has an account on chess.com? 

I want to add you as friends... We can play. Just send your chess username here... 

By the way, im just a 1500 player. Hehe.. 😁

Edited by ... in the shadows

I liked both lichess.org and chess.com

Played as guest now, and won :laugh:  Haven't played in ages. (The other guest player left)

I'll come back to this :wave:

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

• 1 month later...

Hi, brothers and sisters. I have an account in chess.com, if anyone wants to be friends with me, I have an account on it. Chat me privately to add me. I am quite novice at it, my Bible instructor teach me well at this—and also at Jehovah. 😁 His account, also in chess.com, and also message me for the name of his. Add us! Additionally, all my friends in chess.com are Jehovah's Witnesses, so being cautious about adding friends in chess.com from my account is lessen.

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 3:08 AM, ... in the shadows said:

My account is "intheshadows30" on chess.com

Anyone here on jwtalk who has an account on chess.com? 

I want to add you as friends... We can play. Just send your chess username here... 

By the way, im just a 1500 player. Hehe.. 😁

I just made an account yesterday. I'll send you a friend request.

Hah! Funny to come across the Chess topic today. I switched on an old movie right in the middle of a chess game that had the most beautiful chess set, it made me want to play. But only if I had that set to use!

My mother seemed pretty good…but what do you know when you’re 10. She taught me and we played on and off for a couple years, but it just never captured my attention in a firm way. It’s funny and intriguing what truly captures the minds attention.

BADA21B5-8857-48D7-A9D0-1265A25F27BD.jpeg