JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Joel Dellinger: Moving Forward With Faith, Not Fear (Isa. 41:10

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1459 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My 1 day assembly was today.  How do I feel about this video, the same way I felt about the assembly.  Faith and Fear of Jehovah, not the world's morbid fear, but a fear of not loving Jehovah or displeasing him.  For some in here may have already had the assembly, it merits listening to it as many times as the one above Morning Worship.  Joel Dillinger.  !  WOW.  Jehovah is there for his people no matter who does what to anyone in or outside his organization. 

I don't understand why did he used the G word? I'm ethnically Sinti, and the G word is offencive to us. I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the video after that. The term brings back horrible memories of acts of racism.

51 minutes ago, Bjern said:

I don't understand why did he used the G word? I'm ethnically Sinti, and the G word is offencive to us. I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the video after that. The term brings back horrible memories of acts of racism.

What other word could He of sad?

1 hour ago, Bjern said:

I had never heard of any negative connotation of that word until you mentioned it just now.

I guess you have to ask yourself was he being deliberately offensive?

If not then perhaps just let it pass. Try and focus on what the actual message was about.

23 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

What other word could He of sad?

By our name, rather than some slur white people invented for us.

1 minute ago, Mykyl said:

I had never heard of any negative connotation of that word until you mentioned it just now.

I guess you have to ask yourself was he being deliberately offensive?

If not then perhaps just let it pass. Try and focus on what the actual message was about.

I know he wasn't meaning it to be offencive, I never questioned that, but it is so triggering just to hear the word, and so unexpected it was a shock while I was sitting comfortably listening. I cannot help feel this way after everything my family and I have been through.

10 minutes ago, Bjern said:

By our name, rather than some slur white people invented for us.

I know he wasn't meaning it to be offencive, I never questioned that, but it is so triggering just to hear the word, and so unexpected it was a shock while I was sitting comfortably listening. I cannot help feel this way after everything my family and I have been through.

Its a difficult world we live in.

The people I am a member of has had many negative things happen to us over the years. So much so that certain members of my family had extreme hatred towards English people.

I have had derogatory terms used towards me as well. Its not worth focusing on. One thing though, I wont use that word you mentioned in future as I now know it can be hurtful but please recognise most people probably do not know that. 

Is it Romani or Sinti or what that should be used? I had never ever heard of Sinti before, so that would never have occured to me.

I cant imagine in this world there is any group that has not had something negative pointed out about them to some degree.

Edited by Mykyl