JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Flashing Phoenix Lights A Mistery. Does anyone know what it could have been?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4422 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Mysterious Light Flashes During Traffic on Fox 10: MyFoxPHOENIX.com http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/10/flashing-phoenix-lights-a_n_1336382.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D142382

03/ 9/12 07:43 PM ET

PHOENIX -- A large, fleeting flash of light that appeared in the darkened skies over the northwestern edge of metropolitan Phoenix remains a mystery.

The ball of light that looked like an explosion was captured by a traffic camera on Interstate 17 around 4:45 a.m. Thursday and happened to be broadcast by KSAZ-TV when the station showed footage of the roadway during a report on the morning's commute.

The two electric utilities that serve metro Phoenix say they didn't have any reports of electric transformer explosions that might explain the flash.

Damon Gross, a spokesman for Arizona Public Service, says a blown fuse on a transformer can produce a flash, but he said the utility had no such report Thursday morning.

"It's a mystery to us as well. I can't even offer a guess," said Doug Nintzel, a spokesman for the Arizona Department of Transportation.

Charlotte Dewey, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Phoenix, says there was no weather activity that might explain the flash.

Messages left for officials at nearby Luke Air Force Base weren't immediately returned Friday afternoon.

KSAZ is asking viewers to come forward if they have any information about the mysterious flash.

In 1997, dozens of people saw lights in a V-formation over Phoenix, a mystery that was captured on videotape and spurred calls for a government investigation.

FOLLOW HUFFPOST WEIRD NEWS ON

Facebook:

Twitter:

Get Alerts

CONTRIBUTETO THIS STORY

Send Corrections

Send us a Link

Contact us

Send a Tip

Send Photos/Videos

Comment

Pauldung light - a car with its lights on as seen from a particular angle. Hmm interesting

I am goin with a plane and the flash of the sun on this one.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Solved, I saw this report.

Arizona Public Service said Monday that a breaker on an electrical line opened, causing a big flash and a brief power outage

That's disappointing! I had hoped it was the aliens come to take Jerry back home! :tongue:

Solved, I saw this report.

Arizona Public Service said Monday that a breaker on an electrical line opened, causing a big flash and a brief power outage

That's disappointing! I had hoped it was the aliens come to take Jerry back home! :tongue:

I having been phoning them for a while, but all I get is a busy signal. huh? :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....