JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The government handed out out $750 dollars as part of there COVID 19 stimulus package, so went and bought myself a new tablet. Transferred the SD  card from my old tablet to the new. So how do you get JW Library to recognize all the movie files on the card?

I think you need to use a file manager to open each file with Jwlib and that will import them into the app.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I tried moving movie and audio files several times, but (as I remember) JW library do not recognized them. 

Or, you can try in JW library go to Settings and choose SD card storrage. Then force close it and re-open. Maybe, then. 

Edited by Janko

3 hours ago, ajmcowra said:

Thanks, hoping there was a way to copy a number of files at once. i have close to 500 files.

Use your file manager to locate the files, select some of the files and then open them, the file manager will list several apps that you can use to open the files, use JWLIB and it will import the files. I found that the Android stock file manager doesn't associate the file extensions with JWLIB so I used a different file manager. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm fairly sure that in the years since I've gotten into Android with a Nexus 7 2012 and JW Library, I was only ever able to transfer JW Library with the video intact via an ADB Backup/Restore or rooted backup with Titanium Backup. ADB Backup/Restore functionally may be removed in Android soon, but the Helium app on the play store is basically a graphical frontend for ADB Backup/Restore without having to type in ADB commands manually. However, you never know if ADB Backup for data is disabled within individual apps, which can causes problems and it may simply not work. Now I personally use MyPhoneExplorer, but I'm unsure if that allows restoring backups to a different device, I have not tried it for that purpose. It's only relatively simple to transfer android data backups if you use Titanium Backup between 2 rooted devices.

Edited by Myew

19 hours ago, ajmcowra said:

The government handed out out $750 dollars as part of there COVID 19 stimulus package, so went and bought myself a new tablet. Transferred the SD  card from my old tablet to the new. So how do you get JW Library to recognize all the movie files on the card?

Delete the videos on the SD and download them again