JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I kissed a whale

Last year was the first time we visited Guerrero Negro in Baja Sur. It is a lagoon where the grey whales come and have their babies in Nov/Dec. It is a protected lagoon by the government, thankfully. We have brothers there that have one of the few permissions to take boats out. Feb/March are the ideal times. At the end of March into April they begin the trip up the Pacific to Alaska to feed with their new babies. The babies are the size of our boat. Our boat is 12 foot. The mothers are from 40-45 Ft. Babies are now a few months old and getting their "fins". Mothers will bring them up to the boats for a little "one on one" with people. Last year we were able to "pet" the baby after mom checked us out for about 2 hours. This year was more than I could have imagined. It is awesome to witness these giant powerful, meek creatures in the wild. And to see how they are drawn to man. Making me think of Gen 1:26-28. Jehovah created us to care for all the fishes of the sea and all moving animals. So here they are, drawn to man in an incredible way even now, considering what "we" may do to them in other waters. This year, after about 2 hours of only seeing them in the distance, a mother brought her baby up for us to meet. But she wasn't going to just watch from a distance, she wanted her own attention. For about an hour these 2 did everything but jump in the boat. We were hanging over the sides...doing everything but jump into the water (my personal dream but being obedient I refrained) We hugged when they would breach up against the boat, a few kisses by several of us and many many pets. When it ended there were no words. It was truely a life changing event...I just don't know yet how. I hope you can follow this link to some pictures. I had an underwater camera that I just held under and snapped shots, I couldnt see what was there but I did get a few that was fun. All the ones with a greenish hue are the ones taken with my camera.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114530281087161276697/IKissedAWhale?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I don't think they are called ospreys, I have only seen them as just the Grey Whale. The Blue Whale are the ones that get 100 ft long, incredible, the Grey Whale are half that but incredible up close.

I think Micah was referring to what you have labeled/named "Sea Eagle." Down toward the very bottom of the pictures.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25