JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I am planning to install in my netbook the win8 but after reading the reviews I changed my mine. I'll have to wait for the official release.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

After reading this article: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/final-thoughts-on-windows-8-a-design-disaster/20706

I would skip this release. I won't recommend this to the brothers even.

The new tablet is called Surface!

9.3mm thin

edges beveled at 22 degrees

full USB 2.0

1.5 lbs (675 grams)

10.6-inch display

and boom! It crashed in the middle of the live demo.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx

OK - buying it - wait what is the price????

Well, we will keep you posted.

I saw the spec sheet for the Win8 (non-RT one) it looks good. :yes:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

At first my impression is to skip Windows 8 but after the demo, I feel like my next pc is that tablet. As one tech website said that you can have PS and a (violent) game in there. Right now I'm going to save my little allowance for that tablet. :D

They might announce the price his wednesday. They have another press con tomorrow.

Some tech boards speculates that it will compete Asus Transformer. Probably between (800-1200). But I think I will still buy this because of the specs. Imagine you can install the Wtlibrary on this one but one thing that I don't like is the usb 2.0

. As one tech website said that you can have PS and a (violent) game in there.

I don't understand this. What does in mean "PS and a (violent) game? PS as in Play Station? So they are saying you can use this tablet as a play station? But, why a "violent" game?

Oh sorry, PS means PhotoShop and Diablo 3 ( a violent game).

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/257670/live_update_microsoft_la_event.html?tk=rel_news

Photoshop reference: 4:39

Diablo 3 reference: 4:35

At first my impression is to skip Windows 8 but after the demo, I feel like my next pc is that tablet. As one tech website said that you can have PS and a (violent) game in there. Right now I'm going to save my little allowance for that tablet. :D

They might announce the price his wednesday. They have another press con tomorrow.

Some tech boards speculates that it will compete Asus Transformer. Probably between (800-1200). But I think I will still buy this because of the specs. Imagine you can install the Wtlibrary on this one but one thing that I don't like is the usb 2.0

The first to be released - the RT version - won't run WTLibrary. The second one they will release at the beginning of next year will. It is a Win 7 /8 tablet with USB 3.0.

That is the one I will be looking into. :yes:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

OH that's a depressing news. I thought I could go for a hike in the mountain and do some research there. If that's the case then, I won't buy one. ;(

But the Surface Pro can run the WT lib?

OH that's a depressing news. I thought I could go for a hike in the mountain and do some research there. If that's the case then' date=' I won't buy one. ;( But the Surface Pro can run the WT lib?[/quote'] Yep! http://www.microsoft.com/global/surface/en/us/renderingassets/surfacespecsheet.pdf

113489=6216-surface.JPG

Soon .....

In Windows 8, how is the WT Library doing in there? How does the icon look like in the metro UI?