JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The video looks cool. I hope it works this well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview?ocid=C_WPNewsletter

Anyone interested in the Windows 8 tablets. If it will run most of my other Windows programs - I am in.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Anyone interested in the Windows 8 tablets. If it will run most of my other Windows programs - I am in.

I am kinda holding out for a Windows tablet, and information if it will run Watchtower Library. Such a triple backflip to get it on the Androids and such.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview?ocid=C_WPNewsletter

You know there is a beta download right? You can download Windows 8 for free to try but it has some features disabled. It's nice, but the sad part about Windows 8 is that computer programmers and people who do heavy computer work may give it a thumbs down. It's fashioned for people who are more into entertainment then anything. It looks and feels a whole lot like "entertainment" software. Well, that's what i've noticed from all the reviews I've read.

This Windows seems to be favorable to mobile tablets then anything. I heard it's much faster than Windows 7 but the user interface can annoy you to no end.

For the love of something, never try windows 8. This seems Vista part 2.

For us who are capable of understanding this computer thing is easy but for the sake of brothers who have limited understanding on how it works, the video is a proof that it is not user friendly like vista.

The tech community have negative reviews of Win8.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

For the love of something, never try windows 8. This seems Vista part 2.

Funny video! Thanks!

I would try to click on bubbles :lol2:

I'll not even try Windows 8 because I do not have a tablet PC (I have HP Miniq).

I have windows 7 at work and do not like it too.

XP is ok for me.

"Absolute rubbish”

• 2 weeks later...

I am kinda holding out for a Windows tablet, and information if it will run Watchtower Library. Such a triple backflip to get it on the Androids and such.

An interesting read this morning....

http://www.gizmowatch.com/windows-8-tablets-new-ipad.html

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I will agree with the article, in fact somebody mod it to HTC Shift (note on the date), windows 8 will work perfectly on tablet and Desktop but the experience is different. But desktop and tablets are two different kind of animal. They should continue to build two different kind if OS not one.

Nice find. Now I am salivating on my keyboard. I can't wait for Windows 8 to come out!!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Today in History:

37 years ago, Microsoft was born.

Today in History:

37 years ago, Microsoft was born.

In honor of - I'll have to change the Avatar for today :wave:

Soon .....

In honor of it, I will :drink: tonight.

Linux for the Win! :)

The one problem I'm going to have is that I have 4 computers running Win 7. It will cost a lot to change them all over. Unless they have a Family pack like Win 7 had at one time.

I just wish I could get XP to run on my 7" Aspire laptop. It had XP on it, but my son changed it over to linux. I bought it from him and didn't like it. I asked him to put XP back on, but the install will not work. We get the BSOD in the middle of the install. He thinks its because there might be a piece of hardware going out.

As for a tablet I have a VM Cruz 7" T104. Great Ereader with the right Ereader app. but not much of a computer.

The one problem I'm going to have is that I have 4 computers running Win 7. It will cost a lot to change them all over. Unless they have a Family pack like Win 7 had at one time.

I just wish I could get XP to run on my 7" Aspire laptop. It had XP on it, but my son changed it over to linux. I bought it from him and didn't like it. I asked him to put XP back on, but the install will not work. We get the BSOD in the middle of the install. He thinks its because there might be a piece of hardware going out.

As for a tablet I have a VM Cruz 7" T104. Great Ereader with the right Ereader app. but not much of a computer.

Linux may have customized the Master boot record on the hard drive. Try booting it with a DOS boot disk first and then do a "fixmbr" command and let it re-write the MBR, then try the Windows XP install.

• 1 month later...

So what is your experience so far on Win8 Beta?

• 3 weeks later...

Microsoft Expected to Announce Windows 8 Tablet on Monday

by PATRICK JORDAN on JUNE 16, 2012 in IPAD RIVALS

Windows-8-Tablet_thumb.jpg

It looks like Microsoft are finally ready to unveil a Windows 8 tablet, as reported by The New York Times and plenty of others.

Microsoft has invited the media to an event in Los Angeles Monday afternoon, where it is expected to show its tablet device. The entertainment industry Web site The Wrap earlier reported that Microsoft planned to announce a tablet at the event.

According to the NYT’s sources the tablet will be made by Microsoft themselves – a sign that Microsoft are trying to adopt the Apple approach:

For decades, Microsoft has made the software that runs a majority of the world’s personal computers, leaving a gang of outside hardware companies to design the machines. Apple, its rival, makes it all.

Microsoft is about to concede that Apple may be onto something.

On Monday, Microsoft is expected to introduce a tablet computer of its own design that runs a new version of its Windows operating system, according to people with knowledge of Microsoft’s plans who declined to be identified discussing confidential matters. It is the first time in the company’s 37-year history that it will offer a computer of its own creation. The device is aimed squarely at Apple’s blockbuster iPad, which has begun to threaten Microsoft’s hegemony in the computer business.

This is getting really interesting now. That’s a huge shift by Microsoft if the NYT’s report proves true. They very rarely produce hardware, and have very mixed results when they do. It’s also going to be fascinating to see how Windows 8 on a tablet works – and how the mix of the Metro UI with more classic Windows works.

I’m excited to see what Microsoft has to offer. They at least appear to be trying to bring some new ideas to their tablet this time, something which we haven’t seen much of from any other iPad rivals thus far.

Article Source: http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-rivals-2/microsoft-expected-to-announce-windows-8-tablet-on-monday

How does the wtlib goes in there?