JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Movie "Noah" Russell Crowe

All the best movies are based off of bible stories . :readbible:

The article: about the movie "Noah"

"Aronofsky told Empire Magazine back in 2007 that his take on the Noah story was not a comedic one. He said, "This is definitely more the sci-fi version. It's the traditional Noah story, but it's told in a serious way." Aronofsky wrote the screenplay with Ari Handel ("The Fountain"), and it's being rewritten by John Logan ("Gladiator," "Hugo"."

I wonder how correct they will be.

I wonder how correct they will be.

Yeah, I'll probably be reading up on it online from time to time to see what they plan on doing.

In fact, according to this article:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/russell-crowe-reported-set-sail-noah-191715064.html

"Deadline also noted that this movie will join a flood (pun intended) of other Biblical epics currently in development, including a new take on the story of Moses to be potentially directed by Steven Spielberg."

Should be interesting to find out what all transpires.

I would love to see a big budget movie about noah ark!

it would be awesome to see that.

Sadly Darren Aronofsky movies are know to be shocking and filled with alot

of bad subject matter.

His movies are always rated R

Well, Nephilim abusing and killing others for sport, raging flood waters and mass deaths, apocalyptic imagery... I could see it being rated R.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I would love to see a big budget movie about noah ark!

it would be awesome to see that.

Sadly Darren Aronofsky movies are know to be shocking and filled with alot

of bad subject matter.

His movies are always rated R

Well, Nephilim abusing and killing others for sport, raging flood waters and mass deaths, apocalyptic imagery... I could see it being rated R.

Wow! I never realised that the Bible was R rated! ;)

The Bible is rated R.

The first 2/3rds of it is the history of war after war, battle after battle. Angel's coming to earth to lie with women, an angel slaughtering 185,000 soldiers, the earth being flooded with water, chopping up prostitutes and sending pieces of them to the 12 tribes of Israel, the passion (suffering) of the Christ, trading a collection of Philistine foreskins as a bride price for a marriage mate, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not bothered by a movie that depicts it as it was.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

The Bible is rated R.

The first 2/3rds of it is the history of war after war, battle after battle. Angel's coming to earth to lie with women, an angel slaughtering 185,000 soldiers, the earth being flooded with water, chopping up prostitutes and sending pieces of them to the 12 tribes of Israel, the passion (suffering) of the Christ, trading a collection of Philistine foreskins as a bride price for a marriage mate, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not bothered by a movie that depicts it as it was.

I feel the same way.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Hmmm I think I would be bothered by a movie that did....just sayin' :shrugs:

I'm with you on this one Ray. I don't know if I need to see graphically displayed what the Demons and their children have done.

But then, I never saw "Passion of the Christ" either.

As said - to each his own. I will just keep on try to pull that rafter out of my own eye. When I can finally get it unstuck - I'll let you know. :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hmmm I think I would be bothered by a movie that did....just sayin' :shrugs:

I'm with you on this one Ray. I don't know if I need to see graphically displayed what the Demons and their children have done.

But then, I never saw "Passion of the Christ" either.

As said - to each his own. I will just keep on try to pull that rafter out of my own eye. When I can finally get it unstuck - I'll let you know. :wave:

I saw "Passion of the Christ" in the theater. It was actually pretty accurate. I was impressed! Then when they flogged Jesus, I didn't realize just how bad it could have been back then.

My thought is this, in Jehovah's eyes, violence is violence. One C.O. we had said that Jehovah doesn't rate sins, a lie is as serious as a murder! He will destroy those doing both. So with that in mind, Jehovah would see the violence in a PG movie the same as a R movie, right?

I think it could be an awesome movie if done well; not as a 'realistic' secularized version of the biblical account (I'm looking at you, History Channel). I'd love an introspective tale of Noah's thoughts and emotions.

There's a drama on jw.org that sets the scene inside the ark, the work finally done and the wait for the rain to fall. It gave me a cool haunting feeling of anticipation.

Just stop it.Romans 12:2

One C.O. we had said that Jehovah doesn't rate sins, a lie is as serious as a murder! He will destroy those doing both. So with that in mind, Jehovah would see the violence in a PG movie the same as a R movie, right?

The thing is, there is no violence in a movie. Its just fake depictions of a violent act. No one is getting murdered or shot or beaten, etc. So I think the principle is more 'those loving violence his soul does hate'. Violence is a part of our world and our history, including most of the Bible, so depictions or such cannot really be avoided. This is in contrast to foul language (which IS really being spoken in the movies) or even sex/nudity (which partly has to be real as well). Violence is in a slightly different category. If the purpose of the DEPICTION of violence is just to show something historical instead of for primarily entertainment, glorification, or shock value, then I think one can see a distinction.