JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Neighborhood I live in.....

Short clip of something on my block

Man says bullets fired at home over fake $100

WARREN - The home of a man who told police he gave a drug dealer a fake $100 bill had his northeast side house shot up, police said.

Charles McNear, 50, of 448 Ivanhoe St. N.E., told officers a dealer came to his house at about 4:30 p.m. Friday and confronted him about a fake bill used for crack cocaine. The drug dealer fired a gunshot in the air before he walked away, McNear told police. McNear and a woman at the house left and returned two hours later to find five bullet holes in the home.

Officers found six shell casings on the front porch, one bullet in a front room dresser, one on the floor in the front room and one imbedded in the sliding door between the front room and living room.

===================================

What the paper failed to report is that this is the 2nd of 3 shootings on the same home, the same day! Wife, my kids, and I were outside playing when it went down. Scary!!! Yet, the cops can't do anything about it. This guy goes through my yard, past my kids' bedroom window at night. I have yelled at him about it before and all I get is the finger. I call the cops and they told me to put NO TRESPASSING signs up. The ONLY way he can go to jail over it.... the cops have to see him on my property. Pictures and videos won't work.......

So frustrating...........

Arrange a convenient sprinkler system? Plant rose bushes and cactus? Get a pit bull? Definitely put up the sign.

:surrender:Heap coals on his head by sending him some home baked cookies.:surrender:

Here in Mexico many people have tall walls for fences and all windows have iron bars. Even we do, and we live on the third floor!

Arrange a convenient sprinkler system? Plant rose bushes and cactus? Get a pit bull? Definitely put up the sign.

:surrender:Heap coals on his head by sending him some home baked cookies.:surrender:

Here in Mexico many people have tall walls for fences and all windows have iron bars. Even we do, and we live on the third floor!

I've thought about those things. Not allowed to have a pit bull in my city, plus the landlord told us no pits and no rotts. The fence can only be 6 ft tall, no taller. I am considering other things at the moment.

Hi BRO. i just read your story

when i was a kid I thought the world was scarey, then one morning I was watching tv they had the

news on and I remember seeing two old people being held hostage at knife point.

to this day i never forgotten. as the reason was being told for their being held hostage was told I recognized the 2 old people i said hey mum Is that nanny and Da on the news, And sure enough it was my grandparents who were held at knife point,

they were set free thankfully, that was my real intro, to the humans at 10yrs of age,

I often heard about gun shoots in other places but not Aussie, then another morning I was getting ready for school and heard about a drive by shooting at Kurnell which is like 25mins away from where I grew up, a girl was shot in the leg.

then another night we just come home from an assembly and checking Out the revelation book when it was released

accross the rd from mum and dad's house some neighbors where a bit queer like. uno. and they had the old ute vans

and there was a gun shot, then someone banged on our front door we had our house all in darkness couldn't see who was outside and they were yelling for help and dad says go around the back. mum calls the police for help.

the officer asks her what sort of gun they had, we didn't know we weren't brave enough to open the door, and the police

come and the sniffer dogs and it was like something out of hollywood movies. packed

I think australia is catching up with the rest of the world we have had a lot of drive by shootings at Liverpool and greenacre a lot of places close by and near where I live a granny put a 17yrolds body in a wheely bin. then a friend lets go do rvs and one lady was a friend of this granny and she was telling all these crazy stories and murders. yikes.. then we had the cronulla rites my favorite place where I always like to go Chill, turned out one of my friends ex hubbies started the trouble .

I feel for you guys hope Jah helps you find a solution for you and your family, Gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

One day I was coming home from a day of shopping and I passed my neighbor in his yard. He was a known drug dealer. He was standing behind his truck and another guy was standing beside him. I thought he was waving, so I waved back. Later he asked Grumpy why I didn't call the cops because he was being robbed. The robber was another drug dealer. They both got caught and went to prison for 10 yrs.

This neighbor is the same one who shot a bullet into Grumpy's parents home and shot over our heads when we were out in the yard, to try to scare us off. At the time we didn't know what was going on, but evidently they were using the property we had just bought to grow stuff.

A few months later, most of our neighbors were in jail. Then, no more problems.:sunshine:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.