JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

samsung phone app of nwt? or similar?

right... so im a numpty as far as technology goes... my phone finally got to the point of no return and me wife bought me a samsung galaxy touchscreen thing.... over the last three months its got to the point where i can wok it a little bit! im wondering if there is an app or anything i can use on this phone that has been done by JEHOVAHS organization? ive found bible apps for sale but theyre are all linked to christendom organizations and i dont want anything to do with them.

any help id gratefully appreciate and if it makes any difference im in the uk.

christain love stuagu

Another good one is "JW Player". It's not free but well worth the $2.99 (I think it is)

it comes pre-configured for all of the branch's podcast. Magazine, Bible, Dramas, etc. It's like having a dedicated theocratic MP3 player.

right... so im a numpty as far as technology goes... my phone finally got to the point of no return and me wife bought me a samsung galaxy touchscreen thing.... over the last three months its got to the point where i can wok it a little bit! im wondering if there is an app or anything i can use on this phone that has been done by JEHOVAHS organization? ive found bible apps for sale but theyre are all linked to christendom organizations and i dont want anything to do with them.

any help id gratefully appreciate and if it makes any difference im in the uk.

christain love stuagu

hi Stuart hope you guys are well

i have a samsung galaxie andis awesome if type in android market

then apps for jw. you will

find some free apps like. ministry trackers for preaching.

then there is one reasonining from the scriptures it is $4.99 or whatever your difference might be. in your currency

but its brillant I'm so forgetful. its handy to have . then you have the t.m.s. that's free and you can see what the weekly programe is for the meeting and the bible reading.

then you have an app for WT ON THE GO ITS A PINK APP But connects you societies. publication

if you load the called the FBreader then you can add the books like the day text through the Epub. you choose from mp3

or the others but you need the EPUB then when you have you daytext it has the watchtower that the subject was taken from and it will take you to the magazine for extra explanations if you wish. if you like to learn different languages

you can dowload free apps for those.I have done these and found them handy for the territory even if it is just learning to say hi. hope some of this is helpful. there is also a Jwplayer which ois $5 but will hook you up to the bible dramas and the mags. warm christian agape Gabe.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

thanx bud.... ive so much to look forward to.... 8 track, betamax, sinclair c5, mini discs, ... theyre all going to be massive in this age of modern marvels!

i still wont play guitars that were designed after 1960 tho... joking apart... how did they get that so right so early? off topic warning.... im melting... im melti......

Another good one is "JW Player". It's not free but well worth the $2.99 (I think it is)

it comes pre-configured for all of the branch's podcast. Magazine, Bible, Dramas, etc. It's like having a dedicated theocratic MP3 player.

I like JWPlayer as well Musky... but I find I have to have a WiFi connection all the time to get it to play successfully ?

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

The problem I have with JW Player, is that it only plays continuously, one article to the next, if it is the app on the screen. If I go to other apps or turn the screen off, then when the end of the article is reached it stops playing.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

The problem I have with JW Player, is that it only plays continuously, one article to the next, if it is the app on the screen. If I go to other apps or turn the screen off, then when the end of the article is reached it stops playing.

I didn't recall it doing that so I just tested this and it doesn't do that on my HTC Incredible smart phone. I can let the screen sleep or use a different app and it keeps reading until I shut it down. Particular Android devices must vary the way it plays. Which phone do you have?

I have a Motorola Droid X.

If I have it in my pocket with headphones hooked up, I turn the screen off. At the end of each article, I have to manually click the next article. This only happened when I leave the app or manually turn the screen off. If I just leave the app open and let the screen timeout, then it keeps playing.

It's a minor inconvenience, but I am almost to the point of downloading them and using the phones music player instead, especially since I have all my other songs synced with the new Google Music app.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yes, that's the way I used to do it before I got the JW player app. I used a regular podcast app at first, and that took a while to configure the feeds, but it worked great. Then JW Player came out and it had all the feeds pre-configured, so I went with that.

When I was downloading the MP3's to my phone, my SD card was filling up fast unless I remembered to delete the ones I played. Mostly that was because I have every publication available in PDF, EPUB, or PDB files on my phone, as well as most of the videos. I'm quite anal about it. :tongue:

Jwplayer - interesting. I didn't like jwreader as an audio player for the same reason, but the latest version has a nice bar where you can pick up wherever you want. It lets you download the audio when you have a connection and play it when you don't. I think I'll stick wit jwreader.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I'VE BEEN meaning to find out does the Jwplayer connect you to the internert i wanted to know if it uses the allowd usasge

with the phone carrier. do you get charged does any one know please? gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Jwplayer - interesting. I didn't like jwreader as an audio player for the same reason, but the latest version has a nice bar where you can pick up wherever you want. It lets you download the audio when you have a connection and play it when you don't. I think I'll stick wit jwreader.

JWReader has audio playing functions???

JWReader has audio playing functions???

Yes, press and hold on any icon and a menu opens. Click listen also, on the Bible tab, press menu and select listen. Very nice!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....