JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone know any good witness blogs?

Do you think it is OK to give the blog address without asking the Brother or Sister?

I think if someone keeps a blog they would want it to be shared with others.

Not like facebook a blog is open to all to read.

What is your take on that?

There are some jw friendly sites listed HERE

Are you looking for personal Blogs about people and their ministry or are you looking for Blogs concerning exegesis?

Thanks for the link.

Mainly I was interested in finding blogs where some have decided to serve where the need is great and have moved to a different country and I thought it might be a good way to share with some of my return visits to help them see how the work is being done all over the world. I know that the society has provided the DVD about the organisation but sometimes reading personal experiences brings it home more. I was thinking that the Bro or Sister running the Blog must be aware that anyone can read what they put so whether it is a witness who reads it or not should not be a concern.I realise that some Blogs my be slanted towards JW readers only so I don't want to start sharing the addresses without permission.But on the other hand is it necessary to get permission?

What do you think?

Thanks for the link.

Mainly I was interested in finding blogs where some have decided to serve where the need is great and have moved to a different country and I thought it might be a good way to share with some of my return visits to help them see how the work is being done all over the world. I know that the society has provided the DVD about the organisation but sometimes reading personal experiences brings it home more. I was thinking that the Bro or Sister running the Blog must be aware that anyone can read what they put so whether it is a witness who reads it or not should not be a concern.I realise that some Blogs my be slanted towards JW readers only so I don't want to start sharing the addresses without permission.But on the other hand is it necessary to get permission?

What do you think?

I've seen some of such blogs, and I wouldn't share them with non-Witnesses. Not that anything in them is a bad witness, but it just wouldn't be understood by a non-Witness.

Even though they can be seen by the public, many are written with the thought that only those they know are reading them. There are a few which seem very open to being read by Witnesses whom they do not know, judging by their replies to certain commenters, and these are listed on the JW-friendly links that Lynn pointed out, but they are not written in a way that a non-Witness could appreciate.

In the public Watchtower there is a series entitled, "A Letter From..." written from a first person perspective like a blog is. For example:

A Letter From Nicaragua

“At the River Coco, Turn Right”

“YOU will need a four-wheel-drive vehicle, a winch, and extra cans of fuel. Be prepared for axle-deep mud. At the river Coco, turn right.”

I must admit that these words of a fellow missionary did nothing for my self-confidence. Nonetheless, one Tuesday morning, I began my journey to attend a Christian assembly in Wamblán, a small town in northern Nicaragua.

I set off at dawn, driving my old but sturdy truck along the smooth Pan-American Highway. At Jinotega, I took the unpaved road that the local people call feo, or ugly. Before leaving the town, I noticed two stores, one named Miracle of God and the other, The Resurrection.

This is better than a blog because these are more formally written and are focused on the ministry in other lands, like you mentioned you wish to talk about. In other words, I don't think your call wants to read about CostaRicaChicas' AWESOME trip to the beach, and the chicas don't want your calls reading about them. :lol1:

Thanks for the link.

What do you think?

I've seen some of such blogs, and I wouldn't share them with non-Witnesses. Not that anything in them is a bad witness, but it just wouldn't be understood by a non-Witness.

Even though they can be seen by the public, many are written with the thought that only those they know are reading them. There are a few which seem very open to being read by Witnesses whom they do not know, judging by their replies to certain commenters, and these are listed on the JW-friendly links that Lynn pointed out, but they are not written in a way that a non-Witness could appreciate.

In the public Watchtower there is a series entitled, "A Letter From..." written from a first person perspective like a blog is. For example:

A Letter From Nicaragua

“At the River Coco, Turn Right”

“YOU will need a four-wheel-drive vehicle, a winch, and extra cans of fuel. Be prepared for axle-deep mud. At the river Coco, turn right.”

I must admit that these words of a fellow missionary did nothing for my self-confidence. Nonetheless, one Tuesday morning, I began my journey to attend a Christian assembly in Wamblán, a small town in northern Nicaragua.

I set off at dawn, driving my old but sturdy truck along the smooth Pan-American Highway. At Jinotega, I took the unpaved road that the local people call feo, or ugly. Before leaving the town, I noticed two stores, one named Miracle of God and the other, The Resurrection.

This is better than a blog because these are more formally written and are focused on the ministry in other lands, like you mentioned you wish to talk about. In other words, I don't think your call wants to read about CostaRicaChicas' AWESOME trip to the beach, and the chicas don't want your calls reading about them. :lol1:

Good points

Thanks for the input

I can see where to go on this now