JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When did they add programs to WOL?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1244 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For years, assembly and convention programs were only on the main jw.org and JWL. Now they’re on WOL too!
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/programs

I assume they’re on WTL for windows also, can someone confirm?

The goal is that WOL and JWL shall have the same publications. As of now, it does not include videos, though, and not all audio.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

But they said they’re getting rid of WOL

JWL and WOL will have the same material. They will also get similar looks and functionalities, as far as I know. Even today you can easily open up a JWL article in WOL, and WOL can produce links that can be opened in JWL on tablets and phones.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

No, [mention=7786]Thesauron[/mention], they said their plan was to fold all WOL content into the main jw.org site and then discontinue WOL. Unless they change their mind, but I doubt it. They said it could take a couple years, and I think they only started doing this like a year ago. maybe here and half

Moving the material to a unified search function under JW.org is already done. The JW.org search function now covers both JW.org and WOL. Merging the publications is not completed yet.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 12/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, Brandon said:

For years, assembly and convention programs were only on the main jw.org and JWL. Now they’re on WOL too!

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/programs

I assume they’re on WTL for windows also, can someone confirm?

Yes, they are on the Watchtower Library DVD. They are in a new category entitled Programs. Circuit Assembly programs go back to 2016-17, and conventions to 2017, the same as on WOL. It looks like they were added on the last update, November 14, 2020.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice they were there.

Edited by Sheep