JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4399 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

[large][/large]How sad it is to place all your hopes on money and on the riches of the world. What an intoxicating illusion. I wouldn't sell my hopes of everlasting life in Jehovah's new world for any amount of money. How can anyone understand the bad purchase they make when they buy in to the world?

What bugs me the most is that so many people think, oh, it's going to happen to MEEEE!! And, statistically, the odds of it happening to YOUUUU are so remote, they are ridiculous. It is far less likely, in fact, for these unrealistic fantasies of "the universe" and "Lady Luck" working for YOUUUU, than for cold statistical reality to make anyone who believes in this lose untold amounts of money buying these tickets, most of which will be worthless on the day after the drawing.

[large][/large]A client of mine who is an orthodox religious jew asked me yesterday before sundown (he observes the Sabbath) if I had purchased a ticket yet. I explained that it was against my beliefs... He said "mine too but I am buying one ticket anyway". I said "you know what I hope you win". I didn't know if it was right to say but I thought that if he was willing to give up his inheritance for a plate of lentils like Essau (Jacob's twin brother) then he might as well eat the meal.