JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Where is the Watchtower Publications Index for JW Library?

I refer to the Watchtower Publications Index. I make use of the Reseach Guide, especially for the references to the scriptures. But as of now we can only see references that date back to 1986. I would like to see the whole Index (as we can see in WOL and WTL), which is very comprehensive. Not only for the Scriptures references but for all the entries that the Index has. I don’t know if you’ve  noticed that lately a few publications contain links to the Index. For example, the Pure Worship book, in chapter 4. There’s a footnote with a reference to the Index on JW Library. But it only opens in the Study Pane. 

3 hours ago, Tony said:

I refer to the Watchtower Publications Index. I make use of the Reseach Guide, especially for the references to the scriptures. But as of now we can only see references that date back to 1986. I would like to see the whole Index (as we can see in WOL and WTL), which is very comprehensive. Not only for the Scriptures references but for all the entries that the Index has. I don’t know if you’ve  noticed that lately a few publications contain links to the Index. For example, the Pure Worship book, in chapter 4. There’s a footnote with a reference to the Index on JW Library. But it only opens in the Study Pane. 

I believe the citation is simply embedded in the book (like an epub reference).  When you click on the Index title it tells you that this publication is not available.

ind.PNG

The index is a missing part of JW Library, and if they ever discontinue WT Library, the index does need to be included.

The Research Guide is an excellent tool, but is not updated regularly like the digital version of the Publications Index.  If you look at the WOL Index, it already includes references for 2021 Watchtowers.  If the guide was updated like the index, I would be fine with having only the research guide in JW Library.

The great thing about the Research Guide in JW Library is that you don't need all the publications referred to in guide downloaded to your device.  You can click on a link and read it in the side panel.  Its all included in the jwpub file.  While that may be good and work for the RG, it may be a problem for the publications index.  Maybe it would make the file just too large.    Or maybe it requires a new feature to be included to enable a working index.  I'm sure the index will come to JW Library eventually.

Ok. Hopefully we’ll have it soon. The Reseach Guide has the limitation that in the Subjects part it only references the Publications from the year 2000. The 2019 edition in the Scriptures Explains section contains references to the publications from the year 1986, which by the way are the same references of the Publications Index. However, the 2019 edition of the Reseach Guide was only released in English. Not even in one more language. I wonder why. By now I believe it won’t be released in any other language because it’s about time to receive the 2020 edition.