JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Read any good books Part 2

https://sea.pcmag.com/ebook-reader/8800/the-best-ereaders-for-2020  March 4, 2021

Not Just Kindles

With prices starting below the $100 mark, it's a great time to buy an ebook reader. 

Just started on this  book 'Life of Mahatma Gandhi' by Louis Fischer 

Bought this book 2nd hand for 25 cents. 

https://archive.org/details/lifeofmahatmagan00loui/page/n15/mode/2up

514sAlPDhVL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Review by Amazon customer : It's a biography presented like a fiction or story telling....you only want to read more

Edited by Mclove

I just finished "Twelve Years a Slave' by Solomon Northrup,  a true story of the kidnapping free man and his subsequent sale and slavery. Excellent but tough.

I have read well over a hundred books so far during the lockdown. I don't watch much TV and I do not much like videos.

I have read or re-read most of Nevil Shute's books. A lot of CS Forrester, a number of history volumes. It might take a week to read a Thomas Hardy novel or Wolf Hall. 

For mystery I like Gregg Olsen who also writesheadline true crime stories (See "Son" by Gregg Olson). I like his stories because most take place in NW Washington and Oregon.

I get most of my books through Amazon Prime, mostly free but I have been know to pay much more for current books. On Amazon you can find "all 'The Harvard Classics' for free. Much to heavy for me to read front to back, so I read a bit and return to them later.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/gandhi-1982

Where would the British cinema be without its dependable, sturdy, absolutely authoritative generation of great character actors like Trevor Howard (as a British judge), John Mills (the British viceroy), John Gielgud, and Michael Hordern? There are also such younger actors as Ian Bannen, Edward Fox, Ian Charleson.

The movie earned the maximum 4 stars from this legendary movie critic. 

Thanks Brother Jerry for your recommendation. I only know about Nevil Shute 'A town like Alice'. Will go look for it. Besides the novel is supposed to be based in Japanese occupied Malaya. Time for me to compare those hardships to ones suffered by my parents and sister-in law.

Edited by Mclove

Just started on this  book 'Life of Mahatma Gandhi' by Louis Fischer

Page 43  Ploughing through all the false teachings of the Bhagavad Gita can cause one to gag. Definitely not recommended.