JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Teach Book on Goodreads

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2618 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Goodreads is a book review site. Any member can add a review or a rating to any book.

Earlier today, on a lark, I did a search for us, and I found that all our lit is already there.

I'd like to add this link to the Bible Teach Book page.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2387150.What_Does_The_Bible_Really_Teach_

Several of the reviews are not from JW's, and still quite complimentary. Here are few quotes from various reviews:

I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses; I learned more from this book than I did in 20 years of going to church and it is because of this book that I decided to study the Bible on my own.

Easy to read, I used my own Bible to verify scriptures. One point I appreciated was finding God has a name.

This book is a good primer into the belief system and practices of JW's and gives us a better understanding of their religion. The reason this book is titled so, is because all of their beliefs, prohibitions, and goals are based off actual Biblical scripture and it's fun to study that. It gave me more understanding of Christianity than my entire childhood of being dragged to church ever gave.

I've been following this site all day, and it's a little like crowd-sourcing ministry experiences from people, even outside the cong. Very encouraging.

There are some negative reviews, of course. It's still the internet, after all. But most of the one-stars reviews I saw? It was blatantly obvious that they never even read the book, or talked to us about it.

1 hour ago, Thomas Walker said:

Goodreads is a book review site. Any member can add a review or a rating to any book.

Earlier today, on a lark, I did a search for us, and I found that all our lit is already there.

I'd like to add this link to the Bible Teach Book page.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2387150.What_Does_The_Bible_Really_Teach_

Several of the reviews are not from JW's, and still quite complimentary. Here are few quotes from various reviews:

I've been following this site all day, and it's a little like crowd-sourcing ministry experiences from people, even outside the cong. Very encouraging.

There are some negative reviews, of course. It's still the internet, after all. But most of the one-stars reviews I saw? It was blatantly obvious that they never even read the book, or talked to us about it.

Well, as we are learning this week, that book has been a catalyst in bringing people into the truth. I did not know if out performed the "blue bomb" of the late 60s. Its probably the best book we have ever had that introduces the Bible to individuals.

43 minutes ago, morningdove said:

It's also on Amazon...75c and up for used; 1.98 for new.

I always wondered who it was that is selling new publications on sites like Amazon. And who buys them knowing they can get them from us for free. 

But I was pleasantly surprised to see so few negative reviews on Goodreads. 

Thanks for posting -

This is better than coffee for me this early am!!!. 

It makes you feel joyful to know what a witness this is

getting on Goodreads - I heard of Goodreads  but never visited.  

I will share the Goodreads link with others. :D

Edited by CyreJay

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)