JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The little boy story

Badr

i saw some amazing writings in here and decided to share a small one of my own.

English isn't one of my well spoken language so it may not be very perfect! but i gived it my very best hope you like it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the story start with a little boy who loved God, he saw him as his friend from the moment he knew him. but the way he saw his friend was different than the the way people around him saw God.
the little boy had a very hard life.. he was memorising many of his religious books because he was born in a family that only had one job trough the generations.. and he had to grow up to fulfil that duty.
the little kid didn't mind to grow up and be a religious man.. he didn't even mind the punishments he had when he makes even the smallest mistakes.. he didn't mind the torture he been through..

because that little boy loves his heavenly friend.. and thought that that's what he had to do to make his friend happy and stay friends with him.

little by little the little boy start to grow.. and start to see things very differently..

he start to see the things that he once believed, is full of lies and mistakes.. and he become well aware that the way he imagine his friend was very different than the way people around him imagine him.

even tho he lost his faith.. he kept his friendship with his friend. and in the prayers that he was forced to attend he prayed constantly to his friend to help him find him.. to help him find the real truth..

more time has passed and the little boy became a teenager.. life wasn't very kind to him.. he has been through things that no little boy has to ever witness or live.
but in some way he survived.. maybe his friend was protecting him even tho the little boy didn't know that.

but something sad happened the teenager start losing faith on his friend.. he thought he abandoned him.. he thought that the whole world did.

the teenager left his home.. and start living alone.. he was too young for that. but at least the housemaid kept him company and provided him with the love that his parents failed to give him.

he rarely spoke to his parents.. only saw them on special religious events.. or occasionally his father at the prayer time that he still was forced to attend.

things got worst and worst from that. the teenager was still looking for what was once his friend but still couldn't find him.. and probably never could at that land.

when the teenager turned 18 he knew that leaving the house alone, wasn't enough.. he had to run away and change the country. and he did.

he left everything behind.. his family.. his friends.. and his memories.. knowing deep down he will never get it back again.  he was even forced to change his last name. because someone who rejects his duties like the little boy did isn't worthy for that name or that pure blooded holy family.
after he changed the country he went to someone who knew deep down that she was like him.
his mother.. not by blood but the one who raised him. with open arms she welcomed him. and he finally found the peace and freedom he wanted.

few years passed and the boy was still empty.. he didn't find yet what he was seeking even tho he was free to look around this time.

but one day.. a very unexpected day.. he found a little paper in his mailbox.. that said you are invited to attend one of our meetings.
and on that same paper was a website.. JW.ORG it was called..
he visited the website.. and without even noticing he spent hours reading different articles..

something special was about the teachings he found in there.. something very different than all the teachings he had before..

something that made him remember his old childhood friend.. something that was describing the God that he always imagined...

he decided to go to that address in that paper and attend the meeting.. little did he know that his whole life will change in that very day..

here this little story will end.. hopefully we can learn more about what will happen to that little kid, that finally found his friend.. but one thing you should know dear reader for sure.. is that this little kid suffering wasn't yet to end. he still faced some challenges.. but at least this time he is not alone.. he has his heavenly friend in his side.. and he also has a lot more other friends.

Bonjour Brother Badr although it is 1 am over here in the Far East. I hope it is morning in France though because that's as far as my French goes. (It's obvious English is also not my mother tongue)

I wish I  knew French, the story would certainly sound so much more beautiful. It will be like music to my ears. 

A good effort and I enjoyed reading it. 

I love the movie Les Choristes and the songs are so lovely. You must write another story with a French setting describing the lives of French people.

Bonne nuit. I learnt it from the same movie - La nuit (the night)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prZwrcTEFfs

caresse sur l'océan

5 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I thought you did well, Brother Badr. 

Especially considering that English is not your first language.

Welcome to JWTalk!!!  :D

Thank you so much Ross! hope i can call you that xD
me and few brothers in the congrations do a lot of effort to improve your english. so you saying that really gives me a huge moral boost! thank you so much for welcoming me here!! looking forward to seeing you around JWtalk!

1 hour ago, Mclove said:

Bonjour Brother Badr although it is 1 am over here in the Far East. I hope it is morning in France though because that's as far as my French goes. (It's obvious English is also not my mother tongue)

I wish I  knew French, the story would certainly sound so much more beautiful. It will be like music to my ears. 

A good effort and I enjoyed reading it. 

I love the movie Les Choristes and the songs are so lovely. You must write another story with a French setting describing the lives of French people.

Bonne nuit. I learnt it from the same movie - La nuit (the night)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prZwrcTEFfs

caresse sur l'océan

Bonsoir Sister! i hope a you have a lovely night or a very sweet dreams if you already slept!
it is 8 pm at france now so c'est le soir.. 

thank you so much for the kind words! i have few writings in french.. most of them are Poems.. normally i love writing in Arabic or Hebrew as they are very rich with words and expressions.. some that certainly can't be found in other languages or even translated..

but i would love to share with you some of my poems someday!

you are a sister with great taste! you surely know how to choose a movie or a song! 

here one of my favorites hope you like it!

it's a bit sad i know.. but i have no idea why i love it! 

Ceux qui rêvent by Pomme

What a lovely song and the lyrics are amazing.

Those who dream

Ah, midnight is here
Ah, I'm not sleeping
And then past midnight, I dance
To the rhythm of tachycardias
And everything gets carried away and everything swings
And everything flattens out and everything flees from me
The moon is a slightly rancid fruit
Life is a disease
Those who dream are very lucky
The others have insomnia

What an appropriate song. At my age, insomnia is something I have to battle with quite often. I didn't sleep so well last night but I took to reading a biography. Books are such wonderful companions when sleep flees from you. 

Thank you Brother Badr, you're such a treasure.

(Proverbes 17:17)  Un véritable ami témoigne son amour en tout temps,
et c’est un frère qui est né pour les moments de détresse.

A true friend shows love at all times
And is a brother who is born for times of distress.

An old sister with too much temps on her hands.

Love from Malaysia. I'm having so much fun. 

Edited by Mclove

• 10 months later...

Hello my dear brothers and sisters!

I have just come across this group and thought I would join. I truly enjoy writing. I haven't been writing as much recently, and I am looking to get back into it on a more regular basis. I have written a few poems in the past that I would like to share.

Please enjoy!

Your sister,

Melanie Dawn Brooks READ, RESPOND & RELY.pdf

A Poem of Appreciation.pdfKeep On Keepin' On.pdf

24 minutes ago, paradiseseeker said:

I have just come across this group and thought I would join. I truly enjoy writing. I haven't been writing as much recently, and I am looking to get back into it on a more regular basis. I have written a few poems in the past that I would like to share.

Please enjoy!

Your sister,

Melanie Dawn Brooks READ, RESPOND & RELY.pdf

A Poem of Appreciation.pdfUnavailable Keep On Keepin' On.pdfUnavailable

Thanks for joining us, Sister Melanie, and for sharing your creative writing with us.

Could you upload "A Poem of Appreciation" and "Keep on Keepin' On"  again?

They are unavailable to download at the moment.

:D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I think I figured out how to upload content. Please see the new thread that I started. I hope that I did this correctly. 

Love you all!

Your sister,

Melanie Dawn aka Paradiseseeker

Edited by paradiseseeker

Corrected message