JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Some letters make it further than you expected...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1113 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If anyone has a chance, can one please translate the Twitter letter in English. 

Thanks 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

“Dear supermarket staff”, this is how the letter that a couple, Jorge and Vero, has addressed to Lidl begins and that he has shared on his Twitter account this Wednesday. "With this simple written both my husband and I want to thank you for your impeccable work," continues the letter, handwritten.

Its objective is to "thank and acknowledge" the hard work of its employees, who have put their health at risk "on a daily basis" due to the pandemic.

Marriage, which defines itself as believing, quotes two verses from the Bible to give "hope for the future."

A small gesture that has touched our hearts ♥
    A few days ago we received this beautiful letter and we want to extend this thanks to our more than 16,000 employees 👏
    Now, more than ever, # We areJuntospic.twitter.com / dFP1fDeEaA
    - Lidl Spain (@lidlespana) April 21, 2021

"Until it becomes a reality [the day when no one is sick], we value having close people as kind and professional as you," the letter ends.

Lidl has extended this thanks to its 16,000 employees, but also to those of the competition. In another tweet, they acknowledge that not only they have been "at the foot of the canyon throughout the pandemic": "Our colleagues from Mercadona, Carrefour, Aldi, El Corte Inglés, Eroski or Día, among many others, have given it all day after day".

But not only in Lidl we have been at the foot of the canyon throughout the pandemic, our colleagues from @ Mercadona @ CarrefourES @ Aldi_es @ elcorteingles @ EROSKI or @DIA_Esp, among many others, have given everything day after day 💪
    Thank you 🔝!
    - Lidl Spain (@lidlespana) April 21, 2021

For now, Carrefour has thanked the gesture with a friendly "Thank you very much for sharing it with us, compis!".

Lidl Spain
@lidlespana
·
6 Std.
A small gesture that has touched our hearts

A few days ago we received this beautiful letter and we want to extend this thanks to our more than 16,000 employees.

Now, more than ever, #EstamosJuntos
Bild
Bild
Lidl Spain
@lidlespana
Antwort an
@lidlespana
But not only in Lidl we have been at the foot of the canyon throughout the pandemic, our colleagues from @Mercadona
  @CarrefourES
  @Aldi_es
  @The English Court
  @EROSKI
   or @DIA_Esp
They, among many others, have given it their all day after day.

Thanks

!

Using Google translate, i came up with output. Some words in parentheses are my assumptions or edits. 

translated letter from friends.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Dear supermarket staff
With this simple letter, both my husband and I would like to thank you for your impeccable work.
Due to the covid-19 health crisis we are facing, it is worthy to thank and recognize your hard work, putting your own safety at risk every day to offer the best service and attention to our customers.
We are believers in God, and He shows us in the Bible a wonderful hope for the future, as He tells us that the day will come when "no one will say I am sick" (Isaiah 33:24) and that He will also take away everything that causes us "pain and tears so that we can live in happiness" (Revelation 21:3,4).

This is such a beautiful hope that we like to share it with our neighbors.
But until that promise becomes a reality, we value having close people as kind and professional as yourselves. 
Again, thank you for your work.

Edited by Dages

It more or less says:

Dear supermarket staff,

My husband and me are writing you these few lines to thank you for your flawless work.

Due to the sanitary crisis we are facing with covid19, we can't but acknowledge your hard work, at risk of your own health every day in order to provide the best products and services for us customers.

As believers in God we'd like to share with you the wonderful hope the Bible offers for the future. It promises that soon there will come a day when no one will say "I am sick" (Isaiah 33:24). God will also wipe out everything that causes us pain and tears so that we can live in happiness (Revelation 21:3,4). This hope is so beautiful that we love to share it with our neighbors.

Until that promise becomes a reality, we appreciate to be served by people so kind and professional as you. Once again, thanks for your work!

Your neighbors Jorge and Vero.

Dear Supermarket Personnel, 

With this simple letter, my husband and I would like to express our appreciation
for your impeccable work.  
Due to the health crisis of Covid-19 we're experiencing, it's fitting that we appreciate and 
recognize your hard work, putting your own health at risk on a daily basis to be able to 
offer your customers the best services and attention. 
As believers in God, in the Bible He shows us a marvelous hope for the future, for he 
says that the day will come when no one says I am sick (Isaiah 33:24) and that he will also 
remove everything that causes us pain and tears, and so we will be able to live in happiness
(Revelation 21:3,4). 
It's such a beautiful hope that we like to share it with our neighbors. 
But until that promise comes true, we treasure having such friendly and professional people like you near us. 
Thank you for your work!

Sincerely,

Your neighbors Jorge and Vero.

Thanks brothers. 

You all do a better job than Google translate does.