JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A heart touching comment

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1102 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On this forum, someone once made a comment regarding why we should always stay close to our brothers. He used Uriah’s example. He was killed primarily because the people who were supposed to help him in battle retreated from behind him. The comment really touched my heart. Can anyone send the link to that comment.

And are there any heart touching comments you’ve come across on this forum or anywhere you want to upbuild us with?

3 hours ago, Good-O said:

I received this thought provoking encouragement from a brother:

Have you Retreat from Behind Already?

In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah.  In the letter he wrote,

"Put Uriah in the front lines where the fighting is the fiercest. Then Retreat from behind him, so that he will be struck down and Die."  - 2Samuel 11:14-15

"Then RETREAT FROM BEHIND him..."

OBSERVATION:

Uriah did not die because he could not handle the intensity of the battle, but because those who were supposed to support him and protect him in the battle field pulled back.

Those who were supposed to cover him, "exposed" him for the enemy to devour him.

We must understand that Uriah was:  #. a skillfull, #-well trained, and #-disciplined soldier.

He was one of the best in David's army.  But still he could not fight the battle alone, he needed a faithful team to back him up.   It's not that he was weak or inexperienced.

When we pull back in a time of trouble and need, a brother or sister may die either: #-emotionally, #-spiritually or #-even physically.

When we pull back, we expose our brothers .

Sometimes people leave the Organization because we pulled back in their times of need and thus they got exposed to the enemy.

Let's be careful not to neglect one another especially in times of need.

The system we live in presently shows that the end is very near, hence Satan is making things very difficult for Jehovah's people.  A lot of our Brothers with Family are jobless and faced with difficult challenges that is weighing them down.

Be a true brother's and a true sister's keeper.

"Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and in this way you will fulfill the law of the Christ."  Galatians 6:2

I am strong when you all have my back.  You are strong when we all have your back.

Otherwise on my own I'm vulnerable and so are we all as well.

May Jehovah bless and reward the love and faith we show to one another in these last days.

@PaaYaw:   Bro, that comment touched my heart as well.  I copied it and posted it above this comment.  I hope this is the one you wanted. 

Thanks a lot... that’s it. Really touching comment.