JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's Witnesses increase during times of persecution

How many of Jehovah's Witnesses were in Germany before Hitler persecuted them?. 

How the number of Jehovah's Witnesses has increased despite persecution. I remember reading this information in an article but I do not know which article.  I kindly request those who know to send me that article please.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Since the persecution reached its zenith in 1939 the number of Jehovah’s witnesses increased from 67,000 to 260,000 in 1949.

This statistic is from Germany or from around the world?

17 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Since the persecution reached its zenith in 1939 the number of Jehovah’s witnesses increased from 67,000 to 260,000 in 1949.

This statistic is from Germany or from around the world?

I wondered the same thing when I read it. I'm not sure. According to the Watchtower of January 1, 1950, the worldwide total for 1949 was 317,877, a 21% increase from 1948. (We had huge increases like that in those days—our numbers doubled every five years.) If you do the math, the number would have been about 260,000 in 1948. Yeah, those numbers don't work, do they? Anyway, this is all guesswork on my part, so I really don't know. Sorry.

Maybe this article helps?  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101987364

Jehovah’s Witnesses preserved Christian neutrality during World War II and thereafter. Rebounding from Hitler’s attempts to destroy them, the number of active Witnesses in Germany increased from fewer than 9,000 in 1946 to over 52,000 within five years. Between 1945 and 1959, they increased throughout the world from 141,606 Witnesses in 68 countries to 871,737 in 175 countries