JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wouldn't it be cool...

...If JW Library had a dark mode feature? I'm a sucker for dark mode, and lots of apps are starting to implement it these days, so why not? It does wonders for the eyes, especially at night. I think there's a way to do this for Samsung devices, but I'm an iPhone user so I'm kind of at a dead end here. Maybe it's possible on PC, but I dunno. Also, it would be cool if we could change the color scheme of the app. Like, I'd love to be able to change the purple theme to a blue theme.

Apologies if this post has been posted before. I think it's still worth bringing up though. Hopefully they implement things like this in the future! Customization goes a long way, like the new highlight colors. I only ever really use the blue highlighter, but it's good to have options I feel.

The image attached below is a mockup I did on the program paint.net of what these changes could potentially look like. Now, obviously the organization would implement this way smoother and cleaner, but I think it would be awesome personally. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented already, but then again they have a lot of other work to do, so something like this would probably be something to be had on the backburner as a cool little side project. But regardless, the app is already one of the most organized and clean looking apps I've ever seen, only place to go is up!

Library Mockup.png

Edited by CheeseMemes

1 hour ago, CheeseMemes said:

...If JW Library had a dark mode feature? I'm a sucker for dark mode, and lots of apps are starting to implement it these days, so why not? It does wonders for the eyes, especially at night. I think there's a way to do this for Samsung devices, but I'm an iPhone user so I'm kind of at a dead end here. Maybe it's possible on PC, but I dunno. Also, it would be cool if we could change the color scheme of the app. Like, I'd love to be able to change the purple theme to a blue theme.

Apologies if this post has been posted before. I think it's still worth bringing up though. Hopefully they implement things like this in the future! Customization goes a long way, like the new highlight colors. I only ever really use the blue highlighter, but it's good to have options I feel.

The image attached below is a mockup I did on the program paint.net of what these changes could potentially look like. Now, obviously the organization would implement this way smoother and cleaner, but I think it would be awesome personally. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented already, but then again they have a lot of other work to do, so something like this would probably be something to be had on the backburner as a cool little side project. But regardless, the app is already one of the most organized and clean looking apps I've ever seen, only place to go is up!

Library Mockup.png

In Android, I go to settings> general> accessibility> accessibility features-shortcut> and turn on "screen color inversion.  Triple-tap the screen and it goes to and "inverted color" scheme.  This is somewhat similar to the Ipad classic invert system.

On my  desktop PC (with a larger screen), I use the built-in "Magnifier" program or app.  You have to tell the program you want the inverted color when it opens but set the magnifier part to just 100%.  It leaves a small floating "magnifier" box on the screen but it has the "+" and "-" signs to turn the app off.  On a smaller screen like a tablet, the floating box may take up too much room and on some displays it puts large "plus" and "minus" signs in all the corners and it obscures the on-screen controls in the corners.

So I downloaded an app called 'Negative' and it worked OK but the start and stop requires a short-cut keyboard combinations that are hard to manipulate with an onscreen keyboard.

I get by with these processes because of my eyesight (the need for greater contrast.  Windows 10 has a "high-contrast" mode that can turn everything black in the background with white letters (if you choose dark).  But in the JW Library, it only darkens parts of the screen, leaving bright white backgrounds around other parts.  So I don't use this except on my desktop.