JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Saturday, July 31 Share with a wise person, and he will become wiser.​—Prov. 9:9.

Saturday, July 31

Share with a wise person, and he will become wiser.—Prov. 9:9.

Elders do not hold back from sharing Bible principles that can help others to act wisely. Why is it so important that they speak up when necessary? Consider the case of Eli: High Priest Eli had two sons for whom he had deep affection. Those sons, however, had no respect for Jehovah. They held important positions as priests serving at the tabernacle. But they abused their authority, showed gross disrespect for the offerings given to Jehovah, and brazenly committed sexual immorality. (1 Sam. 2:12-17, 22) According to the Mosaic Law, Eli’s sons deserved to die, but permissive Eli merely reproved them mildly and allowed them to continue serving at the tabernacle. (Deut. 21:18-21) How did Jehovah view the way that Eli handled matters? He said to Eli: “Why do you keep honoring your sons more than me?” Jehovah then determined to put those two wicked men to death.—1 Sam. 2:29, 34. w20.03 19 ¶4-5

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Such a difficult one for Elders I’m sure , but their help and bible counsel could mean our life .

It is so difficult for them to have to counsel us so we can make it easier for them by showing respect and appreciation when they need to do this . 

We could have the attitude of "It's not my job, so why should I do anything or go out of my way to help". We all need help to be pointed in the right direction or need correction from time to time.  Jehovah is a caring God and wants us not to be busy bodies in other peoples affairs but care for the needs of others when it is in our ability to do so. When we extend ourselves to help others, blessings abound, for them and ourselves.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah