JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wednesday, August 11 Do not forget to do good and to share what you have with others, for God is well-pleased with such sacrifices.​—Heb. 13:16.

Wednesday, August 11

Do not forget to do good and to share what you have with others, for God is well-pleased with such sacrifices.—Heb. 13:16.

The daughters of Shallum were among those whom Jehovah used to share in repairing the walls of Jerusalem. (Neh. 2:20; 3:12) Although their father was a prince, Shallum’s daughters were willing to do that difficult and dangerous work. (Neh. 4:15-18) In our day, willing sisters are happy to help perform a special form of sacred service—the construction and maintenance of buildings that are dedicated to Jehovah. Their skill, enthusiasm, and loyalty are vital to the success of this work. Jehovah motivated Tabitha to abound in “good deeds and gifts of mercy,” particularly in behalf of widows. (Acts 9:36) Because of her outstanding generosity and kindness, many mourned when she died. But they were overjoyed when the apostle Peter resurrected her. (Acts 9:39-41) What do we learn from Tabitha? Whether young or old, male or female, we can all do practical things to help our brothers and sisters. w19.10 23 ¶11-12

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

If we have faith in Jehovah, he can use us in ways that no one can understand. He will help us to overcome any obstacle that will hinder us from accomplishing his work, as he did with the daughters of Shal’lum. 

All we need to do is to lower ourselves and have a full share in the work. 

Sister, I think you typed your comment on a word processor program like MSword and then transferred it to the forum comment box. It would be good if after you paste your comment, to right click "paste as plain language". Otherwise most of those who use Dark mode will see just a blank space. Of course we could highlight it and then read the comments. In the past we would kindly remind friends to do that but I think after a while, we just gave up reminding. No big deal but some folk might be too busy to take an extra step to read your contribution. Just saying.

Edited by happiness IS

When we do good and share with others, we imitate our God above who is the most generous and giving personage in the whole universe. Jehovah prefaces what he says with "do not forget", which shows how important he wants it to be in our life.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

13 hours ago, happiness IS said:

Sister, I think you typed your comment on a word processor program like MSword and then transferred it to the forum comment box. It would be good if after you paste your comment, to right click "paste as plain language". Otherwise most of those who use Dark mode will see just a blank space. Of course we could highlight it and then read the comments. In the past we would kindly remind friends to do that but I think after a while, we just gave up reminding. No big deal but some folk might be too busy to take an extra step to read your contribution. Just saying.

I think you’ll find that ‘Dark Mode’ is in Beta and has lots of bugs and glitches, although it’s there to be used at the moment I really wouldn’t recommend it.

Quite a few members post via a processor and nearly everyone can see their comments.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

14 hours ago, happiness IS said:

after you paste your comment, to right click "paste as plain language". 

Windows 10 has a simple shortcut way to avoid pasting formatting codes. (In case some word processors don't have a "paste as plain text" feature)

Instead of just pasting (which is CTRL + V), use CTRL + Shift + V. This will paste plain text.

1 hour ago, Anniebea said:

I think you’ll find that ‘Dark Mode’ is in Beta and has lots of bugs and glitches, although it’s there to be used at the moment I really wouldn’t recommend it.

Quite a few members post via a processor and nearly everyone can see their comments.

Thank you for your advise. No wonder I'm having problem sending PM and posting my comments on account of using Dark Mode. Because of my age, don't use spectacles and my dry eyes problem I find it uncomfortable to use the other option, light mode. I think It's time I stay off the forum for the time being.