JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Looking for a free video/audio to text converter

I need to get (English) subtitles to JW Broadcasting from October 2014 to April 2015, and I am searching for a converter as those do not have subtitles.

Until now the ones I found are paid or very limited in file size or time duration.

Please let me know if you know something about it.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

18 hours ago, Paulo said:

I need to get (English) subtitles to JW Broadcasting from October 2014 to April 2015, and I am searching for a converter as those do not have subtitles.

Until now the ones I found are paid or very limited in file size or time duration.

Please let me know if you know something about it.

At the time, I and a couple of other brothers made portuguese subtitles for those broadcastings. If you want them pm me

As for your question, there are 5 options listed here: 5 Best FREE Automatic Subtitle Generators in 2021 (wondershare.com)

Edited by jayrtom

Also, if you have an iPhone, there is another process that's a little tedious but still gets the job done pretty well: 

1. Download the app "Just Press Record" by the developer "Open Planet Software".  I can't remember if it costs money or not (I've had it for several years).  

2. Download the app "Media Converter" by the developer "Junjie Ruan" on the App Store (Again, don't remember if you need to pay.)

3. Download the audio version of the video you want.  If there is no audio version, go ahead and download the lowest quality video version.

4. Using "Media Converter", convert the file into M4A (AAC) format. 

5. Import the converted file into "Just Press Record".  

6. When you click on the file in "Just Press Record", you will see a little icon that looks like a dialogue button.  Press it, and it will begin transcribing the entire file!

• 2 weeks later...