JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Melbourne has spent more days in lockdown than any other world city

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 932 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Melbourne has endured more time in lockdown than any other city in the world after roughly eight months.
The city, passing into its 246th day under stay-at-home orders on Monday, claims the dubious title from the Argentinean capital of Buenos Aires.
By October 26, when it's hoped 70 per cent of the state's over 15's will be fully vaccinated, triggering rule relaxations for the protected, Melburnians will have racked up more than 260 days at home since the coronavirus pandemic hit last year.https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-update-victoria-monday-october-4-melbournes-lockdown-longest-world/e159d5b5-2d0f-452a-adb3-979150f9793f

So please send us hugs as brothers and sisters feel it emotionally. :givehug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Yes, my dear friends, a big big hug. 🤗🤗

You certainly have been surviving amazingly, thanks to Jehovah keeping you sane, calm and busy 🌹

Sane? Well you’re entitled to your opinion LOL 😂

Our elderly and single sisters and brothers feel it the most …. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Seeing that my mum got real depressed.

my sister and i are still leaving to go to working but mum is home looking after her mum.

My work requires me to travel all over Melbourne, so there is no real lockdown for me.

But some of our brothers and sisters are "stuck" at home for a really long time and it's getting to them. 

I usually call them when driving, and today I spoke with dear German sister (88y.old) and she told me that the only thing she desires (apart from Paradise of course) is to see mountains in Germany where she grew up. 

When we open up I will go to her house to search You Tube videos of her home town. (This is the only way she can travel -severe arthritis) 

Blake let's just hang on and wait for Jehovah...we are living indeed during critical times. :givehug:(This hug is for your mum :D)

My daughter is in Melbourne and she's also depressed.  She has not wanted the truth, so I think that makes it harder to make sense of what has been happening there.  How do those poor people not have mental illness after being in 6 lockdowns over the past year and a half?!  It's unnatural to live like that.  And in contrast, the state where I am has been covid free and with minimal snap lockdowns.  Our lives have continued as normal, and it almost feels like surviver guilt seeing how much others have suffered during this pandemic.  Our local needs talk is going to be about handling pandemic fatigue.

Again, big shout out to our Melbourne family, and stay safe friends! 💖

For some “Melbourne the longest lockdown city in the world” is just a news items.

For some it’s a real mental and emotional struggle.

Our dear regular pioneer sister “lost it recently” we’re professional help was heavily involved. 
Others express feelings openly before Field service groups etc… elders here work hard to support sheep emotionally, but often need similar support …. Almost everyone affected. 

Thank you Lucy and Blake for your response to the topic, it lifted my spirits. 

15 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

For some “Melbourne the longest lockdown city in the world” is just a news items.

For some it’s a real mental and emotional struggle.

Our dear regular pioneer sister “lost it recently” we’re professional help was heavily involved. 
Others express feelings openly before Field service groups etc… elders here work hard to support sheep emotionally, but often need similar support …. Almost everyone affected. 

Thank you Lucy and Blake for your response to the topic, it lifted my spirits. 

"Melbourne the longest lockdown city in the world"

This is something melbourne should be famous for. I just want to go to the hall and from door to door again.

Edited by Luigi62

9 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

I just want to go to the hall and from door to door again.

Nah... I feel very selfish today and just want the outbreak of GT ...then we go home in Paradise where we belong. :givehug:

In contrast to your very admirable attitude and trust in Jehovah during the many lockdowns and the protest, we see the ugliness of protests rearing again, this time in New York - with a "Save Australia" theme railing against the vaccine mandates for some industries/lockdown/border controls.  ?? :confused: Yeah, I know!  And on placards held high above heads as the group marched into Manhattan was the question: “What is happening in Melbourne?”  

New Yorkers casually saving Australia. Thanks, guys. Picture: Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images/AFP

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/save-australia-actually-were-fine-thanks-america/news-story/214c2647974ea95aa2e4d2ff5afcdf52

"It was an evocative scene designed to highlight how hard life has become for Australians during the pandemic. Lockdown, and vaccine mandates, and no crowds at the footy ... oh, unless you live in WA. Or Queensland. Or South Australia for that matter....

But what the signs didn’t say, and what the shouting didn’t convey, is that Australians don’t want or need saving — especially not by a nation where the same virus was allowed to run free and inflict misery on hundreds of thousands of families.

What those lining the streets to condemn Australia’s fight against the deadly virus did not say explicitly is that their fight is linked to the darkest of conspiracy theories. If you look closely, you’ll see signs quoting classic Qanon vernacular about a “new world order”. 🙄

May Jehovah continue to be your refuge, my brothers and sisters in Melbourne 💖

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say how absurd the restrictions and border closures/openings have become.

Since NSW reached 70% fully vaccinated last Monday, many restrictions including lockdown have lifted. They soon will be hitting 80% fully vaccinated within days. But that’s just the Sydney and surrounding area. The regional areas are lagging behind by about 20-30%, some areas being only 47% fully vaccinated. So, very uneven.

Yesterday it was announced the opening of International borders on Nov 1, but only for vaccinated citizens and residents, and only from Sydney. It means though that vaccinated people from Sydney can travel over to Paris from November 1, but can't travel to their own regional centres in their own state.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-15/nsw-regional-travel-delayed-due-to-low-vaccination-rates/100541602

Meanwhile, Victoria Is allowing fully vaccinated and negative-covid tested Sydney people to travel to Victoria with no quarantining from Monday midnight. However, the rest of Melbourne can’t travel to regional areas because they are still in lockdown and subject to 15km travel limit. They are soon to hit the 70% fully vaccinated level when they can extend travel to 25km, but not until the state is fully vaccinated at 80% can people from Melbourne travel regionally.

I think this is just absurd! 😳

To me it shows how unorganised and disjointed Satan’s system is, and now wonder people are freaking out. Which is why I am especially thankful for Jehovah’s reminders - He keeps it simple and we know where this is all headed.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/victoria-records-1-993-new-local-covid-19-cases-and-seven-deaths/71d2d4c7-4a51-4ad4-ae42-a411b939ddae

I don’t know if this map makes it any easier 🤔

D01C2664-39E5-46F2-8F37-364D32F84083.jpeg.0bb513419c075bcecf49cd3c2e770631.jpeg

If only one city can travel overseas, it just gets too muddled. The Premier of NSW preempted the national reopening plan which was to wait until all of Australia was unified in being at 80% fully vaccinated before opening up the borders. It will lead to some very angry protests as people are all well and truly sick of this pandemic and are aching to travel again, throwing health concerns out the window.