JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, October 5 You, O Jehovah, are my helper and comforter.​—Ps. 86:17.

Tuesday, October 5

You, O Jehovah, are my helper and comforter.—Ps. 86:17.

When stressed, we can regain strength by attending congregation meetings. When we are at the meetings, we give Jehovah additional opportunities to be our “helper and comforter.” There he strengthens us by means of his holy spirit, his Word, and his people. Meetings provide us with an opportunity to enjoy “an interchange of encouragement.” (Rom. 1:11, 12) A sister named Sophia said: “Jehovah and our brotherhood kept me going. Most important for me were our congregation meetings. I have found that the more involved I am in the ministry and my congregation, the better I am able to deal with stress and worry.” When we feel discouraged, let us remember that Jehovah not only promises permanent relief in the future but also offers to help us deal with stress now. He gives us “the desire and the power” to overcome feelings of discouragement and hopelessness.—Phil. 2:13. w19.06 19 ¶17-18

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Psalms 86:17 starts out with " Show me a sign of your goodness," Yes, David wanted proof of Jehovah's help and support. We are not any different. It's hard to imagine trying to cope with all life's anxieties on our own. How thankful we are to Jehovah for the congregational arrangement worldwide and all the friends we are able to have. What great proof he has given us of his goodness.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

One statement stood out to me:

"I have found that the more involved I am in the ministry and my congregation, the better I am able to deal with stress and worry.”

This has proven true to me over and over. When you are INVOLVED /ENGAGED in other words "in the center of the congregation" your happiness will increase despite surrounding pressures! 

Although Jehovah will not speak to us directly as he did in Bible times, but He will speak through his Word the Bible & his Organization. To read & meditate in his Word daily will give us comfort & hope to deal with stress. He also helps us to regain strength by attending meetings & by being  with our brothers & sisters who serve, as a source of encouragement.