JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What trait or characteristic does .....

What trait, habit, or characteristic does your spouse have that used to drive you crazy.   But you now lovingly accept, & perhaps would even miss if he/she were gone.

⚠️warning: make sure your spouse is ok with you sharing your answer.

Edited by Robert Moon

17 minutes ago, Robert Moon said:

What trait, habit, or characteristic does your spouse have that used to drive you crazy.   But you now lovingly accept, & perhaps would even miss if he/she were gone.

⚠️warning: make sure your spouse is ok with you sharing your answer.

I'll start: in our first years of marraige, I perceived my wife to be so fanatical, I used to call her JW-Al-Quaida: no worldly music, no non JW entertainment, no salt on her prepared dishes, no dessert, no liquor period!  I remember in our very early days married, I took her to a mirror and I said:  "Deb, what do you see in the mirror?" ... "what do you mean?" she said; "Deb, do you see a horse or a cow in the mirror?"..... "please Deb, your only feeding me hay (no salt, spices, sugar), I don't just eat hay, I'm a human, not a horse or a cow that only eats alfalfa or hay!!!!"  Of course, it wasn't hay, but it was pretty close (no salt, spices, sugar), it was tortuous!😨

She has since then (14 years married) brought it down a notch or two, & is now more relaxed with my 'heathen' ways.  She has even learned to enjoy life a little more, or as they say, she's 'ligtened up'.  But in retrospect, I over tiime learned to eat more healthy (less salt and sugar), I lost weight, cholesterol down, etc.  I listen to more JW music and watch the JW videos more.   I'm a healthier more spiritual person because of my wife.  Again, she took it down 2 or 3 notches, while I had to take it up 10-15 notches to be more spiritual, healthier, and 'genuinely' happier. Thanx Deb, for being so stubborn, you made me a better person.

download.jfif

We’ve been known to call a few people JW Evangelicals. 😜 

It’s all about balance and finding what fits best between two people. My husband was naive to bad motives and manipulative people. I taught him that but also have had to learn to take my suspicions down a few notches. #lifeexperience

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

7 hours ago, BLEmom said:

It’s all about balance and finding what fits best between two people. My husband was naive to bad motives and manipulative people. I taught him that but also have had to learn to take my suspicions down a few notches. #lifeexperience

I did not believe in women's intuition for a long time (my mother's). But after being married for a while, I've come to realize that it can be a useful guide.  My wife notices things happening that I'm totally oblivious to. :facepalmpo2:Now that I've noticed this, I don't ignore what my wife notices but take note of it. It has helped me avoid some bad situations.:D