JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Acrylic Paint

pfewer

My father painted, but he preferred oil. Don’t know why … ? 
When growing up I often watched him paint…(I come from very artistic family, my grandmother was a director of theatre, so music, painting, acting ..were part of my upbringing )

Beautiful paintings you have produced. Love it. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

I come from a very artistic family

Now that brother had mentioned that interesting bit about his cherished ancestry, I just remembered my mother's brother was a gifted artist but he did only Chinese painting. My mother had taken some of paintings out of China 40 years ago but shortly after that China clamped down on any artwork being taken out of that country. Unfortunately I couldn't draw a thing to save my life. 😭

But artistic talent runs in my family. My 50 year niece was talented in that field but studied business administration in Monash University, Melbourne. Our son loved drawing when he was young but we didn't quite capitalized on his natural talent. He also showed a gift for giving student talks when he was still in the truth in his late teens. Again I was hopeless in that field. 

Now finally aeons later, my nephew's son is a graphics designer in UK. Very talented but none in my family is in the truth. Sad that all this while I had only concentrated on the academic side of my extended paternal family. My father the eldest in his family was adopted into a well off family so there seems to be some dissonance in familial traits. He was the son of a poor close relative.

Edited by happiness IS

• 1 month later...

When the pandemic started I had some time on my hands, so I came up with a crazy idea.... try myself at painting. Looks like fun, but I had never tried it before. I started out using acrylic paints, but quickly realized oil was easier for me. Anyway I painted a few pictures throughout the summer of 2020 and then I got busy with other stuff and I haven’t got back to it. Someday. :lol:  Here are just a few.....It’s nothing great but it turned out better than I expected and it was fun and relaxing. The trick is, don’t rush. I have a tenancy to rush things...it help me to relax and slow down and think :lol:

IMG_5656.thumb.jpeg.a699c04b4a3441d530f692b4c7449e8c.jpeg

IMG_5651.thumb.jpeg.ecfbe943e862c4d8d07d9d7804300883.jpeg

IMG_5657.thumb.jpeg.9bdc19d0a67e90954882dfcdc6628723.jpeg

IMG_5654.thumb.jpeg.36fa89461fb7d9cdbb1f485c91de1155.jpeg

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2021 at 8:19 AM, pfewer said:

Here is another one I tried just using a palette knife and a tea spoon. I was really impressed with this technique and that it actually doesn’t look too bad. I really need to try to do some more. 😃 🎨👩‍🎨

7142CA3C-EECC-4701-B1B7-F77104AE26B3.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful work,sister 

On 1/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, Pjdriver said:

When the pandemic started I had some time on my hands, so I came up with a crazy idea.... try myself at painting. Looks like fun, but I had never tried it before. I started out using acrylic paints, but quickly realized oil was easier for me. Anyway I painted a few pictures throughout the summer of 2020 and then I got busy with other stuff and I haven’t got back to it. Someday. :lol:  Here are just a few.....It’s nothing great but it turned out better than I expected and it was fun and relaxing. The trick is, don’t rush. I have a tenancy to rush things...it help me to relax and slow down and think :lol:

IMG_5656.thumb.jpeg.a699c04b4a3441d530f692b4c7449e8c.jpeg

IMG_5651.thumb.jpeg.ecfbe943e862c4d8d07d9d7804300883.jpeg

IMG_5657.thumb.jpeg.9bdc19d0a67e90954882dfcdc6628723.jpeg

IMG_5654.thumb.jpeg.36fa89461fb7d9cdbb1f485c91de1155.jpeg

You have some great skills there

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, beachbum said:

Pretty fond of fast drying acrlics myself...except when they dry inside the tubes because I'm not using them enough. Just closed my sign shop last year and retired and plan to put the brush to canvas more now.

CTR.jpg

Beautiful(!)

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.