JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pet Transportation business

I'm looking into the ground transportation of dogs and cats for my retirement.  The jobs can take you anywhere within the USA (maybe even abroad).

The idea is that I would be a self-employed independent contractor.  No obligation to accept a job.  It would be up to me.

Is anyone here on the forum doing this?  I would love some guidance.

6 hours ago, Doug said:

I'm looking into the ground transportation of dogs and cats for my retirement. 

Crocs  ...my brother...Crocs ....that's where the money is LOL 🤣

uwRxvdcat1Rtej8IVPB7MfsatANDv-pasSi5meENo3o.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

When i wanted to transport my dog safety was the priority for both me and the dog. There are two options to do so a harness or a cage,

For me I chose a  crash tested harness as my dog did not like cages it was a long term investment around 140 NZ

For a pet transport business you will need a variety of cages please check animal welfare requirements for where you live. this will be a significant investment.

There will also be the other normal business expenses insurance etc.

I know this post may sound negative and it is not intended to put you off.

8 hours ago, RichardPNZ said:

When i wanted to transport my dog safety was the priority for both me and the dog. There are two options to do so a harness or a cage,

For me I chose a  crash tested harness as my dog did not like cages it was a long term investment around 140 NZ

For a pet transport business you will need a variety of cages please check animal welfare requirements for where you live. this will be a significant investment.

There will also be the other normal business expenses insurance etc.

I know this post may sound negative and it is not intended to put you off.

Good advice, thank you.  On the surface it seems a simple job.  Take dog from 'A' to 'B'.   But there are a lot of precautions to consider, and the investment.

It may actually be more complex than transporting people !

• 4 weeks later...