JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Going to meet Hermano DDD

This weekend my Mom and I will be in Atlanta to be with my sister Michele and her hubby, Barry. Barry has Parkinsons and is having brain surgery on April 30th. They have never lost a patient and it helps the person stop tremors. A lot of the meds he is taking now will be a thing of the past. I owe my life to this wonderful couple, who brought the truth to me 40 years ago. The unfortunate thing is that Barry and Michele are both inactive for many years. But, I want to be there just in case anything odd happens.

While we are there I plan on meeting David and his family on Thursday, spending the night and next day. On Friday BloomEtta and her friends are driving over from Tennessee to spend the day. Then on Saturday David's family and I plan on driving to Athens, GA and be with a wonderful couple there. I am very jazzed to meet you, dear David! I think I am in for a real treat.

Have any ones here met online friends in person? If yes, tell us who. I think meeting is wonderful. I would SO LOVE to go to Ohio and meet a number of you guys and gals! Bob, Nancy and Shawn. Anybody else from their neighborhood?

I have met Tazzy and 50gumbies in person and their friendships have been some of the choicest in my life!

I just love all you guys! :crush:

Chris

Oh how nice! I wish I could meet some of these wonderful friends in person. I haven't met anyone yet BUT I did happen to send a private message to Micah once because I knew people around the area he lived in. Come to find out I know his wife and she went to the same hall my mom grew up in and my grandparents STILL attend. Small world when you are in the truth. If anyone is ever in the Houston area let me know, would love to see you!

That is lovely Chris I am envious of you all !! I would love to meet up with anyone... but living in Ireland that is unlikely, unless any are going to attend our convention this summer ;)

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Have any ones here met online friends in person?

Back in the mid to late 1990's I had a website and discussion group called WebTV4You. A number of us met in real life on one occasion and it really was a neat experience. I was in the world then. I maintained that site with WebTV's blessing until Microsoft purchased WebTV and then sent me a legal notice to remove my logo that looked like theirs and other things. I was so mad I just shut the site down.

Since then, I've known Shawnster on another DB for probably a decade, but didn't really get to know him till he signed up here and I saw that he was VERY local to me. We met in real life and I even had him come give a public talk at my congregation.

I've talked to others over the phone but I cannot think of any other face to face experiences at this time. Micah and Faith84 are close to me and we're likely to bump into eachother at this summers district convention.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I know Shawns wife,shes a member here...Kalli...and my sons babysitter goes to Bobs Hall...when she got married Bob and I and about 300 people were at the wedding reception but I don't recall seeing him there....didn't know him then,that was two years ago.

Oh but wow...you get to meet David...I've talked with him on the phone....he's an awesome brother....have a great time.

Annie,

I was in Ireland back in 95 or 96. Too bad I didn't know you then. I did however get a mother and daughter to come get me where I was at luttrelstown castle

My grandpa, not a witness got their phone numbers, drivers license ect in case anything happened and invited whoever wanted to come back to the castle after meeting was welcome. So I brought several back with me and we had a great time singing some of the old Irish songs that many hadnt sang in long time. Such a pretty place. If I ever come visit or decide to move there sometime, I'll have to stop by

Annie,

I was in Ireland back in 95 or 96. Too bad I didn't know you then. I did however get a mother and daughter to come get me where I was at luttrelstown castle

My grandpa, not a witness got their phone numbers, drivers license ect in case anything happened and invited whoever wanted to come back to the castle after meeting was welcome. So I brought several back with me and we had a great time singing some of the old Irish songs that many hadnt sang in long time. Such a pretty place. If I ever come visit or decide to move there sometime, I'll have to stop by and look you up.

Where is Bantry in relation to dublin? I was about 20-30 miles out of dublin I think

Angela

Im in Ireland the week after the convention. But not near Bantry unfortunately. A sister in our hall who was a pioneer in cork is going to convention in Ireland Im so jealous lol. Im visiting family in Ballybunion county Kerry so too far away lol

That is lovely Chris I am envious of you all !! I would love to meet up with anyone... but living in Ireland that is unlikely, unless any are going to attend our convention this summer ;)

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

This just goes to show that human plans can absolutely fall apart.

I went to the hospital on Monday the 30th with Barry and Michele. We were in the waiting room from 4:45 AM- 7:45 PM. Finally Barry was in recovery. He had holes drilled into his head over the frontal lobes (where horns might be if he had them). They did deep brain probing and found the connections to his shaky hands, arms and legs and inserted wires into his brain. Then they turned on the juice to the probes and he immediately stopped shaking! They then left the wires inside and will connect the wires to a small battery inserted under the skin like a pacemaker. So, the connection will be on May the 11th and he will be 'Parky Pig' (short for Parkinsons, and his wife calls him a piggy from needing to clean after him) no longer!!!! I am SO jazzed that he came through with flying colors. No confusion, no brain swelling, no seziures, nothing! He and my sister were the ones who helped Mike and I into the truth so I love them both amazingly for saving my life 40 years ago. We said very loving things to each other before his surgery, things we didn't want left unsaid. It was wonderful.

Then, that night when we came home, having been out of my element and not eating right AND being exposed to the horrible scents from the bathroom spritzer, my liver was actually in pain. That always gets bad when I am exposed to chemicals. Michele and I ate late and I began feeling horrible. When I went to bed I had the full horrible Gallbladder pain (I have had it before years ago). So I had the FULL COMBO PACK of pain and tried not vomitting all night long. UGH! Next day I made Mom stay with me because I felt like I was dying with an elephant standing on my diaphram. I was weak and could not eat except a few sips of apple juice and water. Today I do not have the bad pain but I am weak as a kitten. I ate a small sandwich and tea, but am very leery of eating much. That pain is comparable to labor pains only Gallbladder pain does not let up.

So I canceled meeting with David because it involves driving a ways and I am just not up to it. I was thrilled I was going to get together, but it will now have to be in my dreams. I made a whole lot of crocheted items for the family and will just have to mail them now. It's just not the same as seeing them in person. Right Bob?? :crush:

I wanted to send you all a portion of my dear brother-in-laws email to me to share. It is very heart rending and lovely.

"Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. I knew the almighty one was with me. ...because he told me he was. The night before any major surgery, it is almost impossible to sleep..and sleep is very imporrtant before MAJOR surgery. Sunday night I felt like a jar of angry bees.

I was about half way up the stairs leading to my bedroom when I was stopped in my tracks. I heard this voice say: (from my heart to center of my brain) "I AM WITH YOU".

I did not tell anyone except my sister-in-law (who already knows I am crazy). From that moment I heard those 4 words... I felt a warm calming felling over take me. The doctors were surprised to see how calm I was totally calm even when they kept me awake as they drilled the second hole in my head and started probing in the right side of my brain. I could feel my warm blood oozing down the side of my head behind my ear. Then I heard the doctor say "Nurse: Irrigation now". I thought of those comforting words again: "I am with you". No pain of anxiety.... no pain of distress... Just the feeling that I was going to be just fine... this will all be over with is a matter of a few hours.

"Every day is a gift"...all you have to do is untie the ribbons. I really believe that now!!!!!

and... I truly believe in the POWER OF PRAYER !!!! ...and I had many doing just that for me....and for this there are no words that I can express to show my heartfelt gratitude!

Barry"

I am so sorry that we couldn't all get together. But as you said, human plans can fall apart. Take care of yourself. Hopefully I'll see you very soon. You know how much I love you.:kisscheek:

It was good that you were able to lend real support to Barry and Michele. What a stressful family time. It just never seems to end, huh? His results are terrific though!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE his email! Could it be that after all these years his heart is again stirring?? I pray that is the case. You know I love that man! Goofy as he is - or maybe more to the point BECAUSE he is so goofy. LOL :laugh:

Sending you all love, hugs and prayers. Please give Nonna an extra squeeze for me. :grouphug:

Hi there!

I just showed Barry this message from you, Barbara. He sends you the same love back and that he loves you too. He says you are a good person to know. We are both here looking at what I posted from his email.

My BIL is one of the funniest men I have ever know, bar none! :) He even came down when I would not go into labor with my son, Shaun. He regaled me with laughter until I went into labor the next day. I have old pics of me laughing so hard! Then a couple of years ago Barry was at Mom's house and he had Shaun laughing the exact same way, holding his stomach with his head thrown back in hysterics. So, Barry will be one of the chief comedians in paradise!!! Bob and Musky, you guys will get along great.

Im in Ireland the week after the convention. But not near Bantry unfortunately. A sister in our hall who was a pioneer in cork is going to convention in Ireland Im so jealous lol. Im visiting family in Ballybunion county Kerry so too far away lol

I will be in Kerry a lot after the convention as my daughters baby will have just been born :)

Annie,

My grandpa, not a witness got their phone numbers, drivers license ect in case anything happened and invited whoever wanted to come back to the castle after meeting was welcome. So I brought several back with me and we had a great time singing some of the old Irish songs that many hadnt sang in long time. Such a pretty place. If I ever come visit or decide to move there sometime, I'll have to stop by and look you up.

Where is Bantry in relation to dublin? I was about 20-30 miles out of dublin I think

Angela

Bantry is down in the far south west corner of Ireland.... Dublin is about a 3 1/2 hour drive from here :)

If you will be anywhere near Ballybunion I will be happy to meet you.:D

I will be in Kerry a lot after the convention as my daughters baby will have just been born :)

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

I made a whole lot of crocheted items for the family and will just have to mail them now. It's just not the same as seeing them in person. Right Bob?? :crush:

Right! But pictures are a good second choice. My kids made regular use out of their crocheted items when it was still chilly out.

Funny thing is how you age in reverse. Since we've spoken on the phone, you have grown 40 years younger, because your avatars are the only visual I have to go on :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Right! But pictures are a good second choice. My kids made regular use out of their crocheted items when it was still chilly out.

Funny thing is how you age in reverse. Since we've spoken on the phone, you have grown 40 years younger, because your avatars are the only visual I have to go on :P

Remember Lynn's old avatar? He aged from in the womb to full grown over and over every few seconds! No wonder he switched to the cowboy avatar. :whistling::tongue:

Remember Lynn's old avatar? He aged from in the womb to full grown over and over every few seconds! No wonder he switched to the cowboy avatar. :whistling::tongue:

Yea, but all we ever see of you is the green, green grass of home. :whistling::raspberry: :raspberry:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I'll have a look and see how far away it is... maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere ?

If you will be anywhere near Ballybunion I will be happy to meet you.:D

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I met David, his darling wife Bridget, and their kids Gabby, Constantine and Annelise. They drove up to central FL from Miami and are staying with Mom overnight at: "Diane's B&BYOB" - bed and bring your own breakfast. We went out to dinner and had a wonderful evening together. David and I hit if off famously. We had already chatted on the phone before. Bridget is such a loving wife and mother. What a great family! We took several pics which David promises to put on here for all to share. We had so much fun!!!! I wish they could be here several days but they must get back to their dog. I hope Mike and I can drive up to visit them soon.

It was such fun! :backflip: